How the???

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
How in the %$#@ does water get to the spark plug galley and only foul #3and #4 this is just busting my ass. And there is no other sign of water/liquid anywhere else, not to mention it runs like shit after that.
Jet

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
there are a number of threaded plugs in the head, the ones on top that hold the center gasket down go into the oil galley, and the ones down in the spark plug wells (there are 3, one between 1&2, 3&4, 5&6) go into the coolant jacket of the head.

Sounds like you need to remove the plug and reseal it with sealant...

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Poodles;897502 said:
there are a number of threaded plugs in the head, the ones on top that hold the center gasket down go into the oil galley, and the ones down in the spark plug wells (there are 3, one between 1&2, 3&4, 5&6) go into the coolant jacket of the head.

Sounds like you need to remove the plug and reseal it with sealant...

I will let you know how that turns out. Thanks, I forgot about those.
Jet

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Well sprorts fans, i got up this am and decided to find the culprit, removed the #3 cover and ran it without the #3 cover water started to form around the #4 plug hole, as the car got warmer little droplets of water started to form, then it started to fill the hole around the plug. the warmer the car the more water came in, now this was running with the radiator cap OFF, no pressure, somehow my head got damaged, i barely have 100 miles on the head and engine all together, so my spare head will get sent for pressure test and build up. Bear in mind a compression test reveiled all cylinders 150 or better stone cold, so i will be getting my other head redone and then i swap heads. In the mean time i need to wire my electronics. Very Wierd.
Jet

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Jetfixr757;900859 said:
You are cruel...want me to run it again to get pics of the leakey head, you are not only cruel but wicked, i was on the verge of vomiting when i saw them.
Jet

no, i didn't want you to run the car again, i just wanted pics of where it's leaking from. :)