How often do you scrape your front lip?

Mark2

Jul 14, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I have a Bomex 3 hole lip on my 89 and it scrapes on everything. The car is lowered on eibach prokits and I run 18" front wheels. My poor lip is cracked and scraped and even bottoms out sometimes when I try and slowly back out of driveways or negotiate dips in the road. Does everyone else have this problems or is my suspension just really soft and dipping too easily?

IRACEMYCOPCAR

HOLSET MAFIA HX52
Jan 27, 2008
SOUTH CAROLINA
Put it this way, i HAD a Bomex lip on my car.....then it was modded and removed by my driveway, now its in my garage and i will probably give/throw it away eventually. i am just gonna put a stock one back on it because i hate fiberglass.

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
I have knocked mine off three times now. the trick is zip ties, some tight some loose the tight ones will break before the fiberglass, and the loose one will hold it so you don't run it over. I am on h&r's so mine is less than 4in from the ground too.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I have a stock lip, so I scrape my bottom more often. Though I have managed to scrape the stock one too (not counting the time I drove into/over a curbstone :D)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
RazoE;1185146 said:
All the fucking time. Luckily I have a shineauto lip, and that material takes a beating..!

My Shineauto G-Spec bumper is beat to hell, from a couple of dips in the grass driveways I've been on. I've learned to not pull into a parking stop, and to take road dips at an angle, if at all. Whenever I can afford paint, I will be needing some fiberglass repair.

Mark2

Jul 14, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking of going back to stock because my front lip looks like garbage now. I should have never thrown out that factory front lip.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
i scrape it twice a day :) too bad i broke my bomex replica a few months ago.. i've been rocking a home depot lip now... costs $4 to replace it everytime it gets really bad

TomFraser

holdbrooks;1185180 said:
I have knocked mine off three times now. the trick is zip ties, some tight some loose the tight ones will break before the fiberglass, and the loose one will hold it so you don't run it over. I am on h&r's so mine is less than 4in from the ground too.

only a supra owner would know a tip like this ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I haven't scraped in over two years. Though, that could be because my car has been on jackstands that entire time...

I'll be more careful when it's done, though. Wouldn't want to obliterate a CFX lip...

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
scraping an aftermarket lip goes with owning a lowered car.
you can try entering/exiting driveways at an angle,but you'll allways get one that scrapes the hel out of it.
just think of it as a consumable,and keep an eye out for its replacement!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Luckily, the lip on my Bomex bumper sits higher than a Bomex add-on lip. Plus Randy at BIC built a strong metal support for the lip welded to the bumper support, and I have scraped the bottom on a couple of driveways that would have otherwise surely cracked the heck out of the bumper.

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
my car with the stock lip scraped any sort of steep driveway. my car with a bomex lip scraped anytime i hit a big dip or anything that stuck up off the ground 4"(really a pain).

my car now with the kaminari front has better ground clearance so i rarely scrape. i also raised my car a bit so its not super low