how not to pull an engine

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
....that is, if you don't care one bit about it, you just want it out.

step 1: remove all extra crap from engine bay and all body panels
step 2: pull the head off, because your retarded
step 3: fight with the block ground wire for 30 minutes
step 4: chop the upper beam in front of the engine
step 5: disconnect tranny mount and engine mounts, jump 2 feet as they slide backwards and hit the ground
step 6: get yukon
step 7: wrap chain around engine and tranny, jack up the tranny
step 8: pull on chain with yukon, watch as your jack gets crushed beneath the car
step 9: jump out of the way as to avoid engine crushing your little toe
step 10: realize you could have put the head back on, rigged up a pulley system, and made your job 10 times eaisier without crushing the bottom of your oilpan or your jack, and making life 10 times eaisier
step 11:
step 12: profit

aftermath:

dscf0343lk9.jpg

dscf0344am0.jpg

cletusxl9.gif

note: no, it's not my car...and that's not my jack...and no i'm not that completely and utterly retarded enough to try and pull an engine out that way
dodgybi2.gif

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Not only does this depict the cheap MKIII driver to McGyver something to pull an engine...but it had to be an NA driver too...

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
heh you guys are funny....the dog is nearly as old as the car, and if I'd have used an engine hoist (which I don't have btw) I'd have had to find a way to macgyver the hoist around because my entire driveway is nothing but sand and rocks.

you can also see the corner of my burgandy turbo in the pic...which will NEVER, EVER EVER EVER get the same treatment as the white car did.

we now return you to your previously scheduled program

girl B