How much

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
Would a true 1jz supra be worth. Imported from japan, stock just in good shape. how much would that be worth because i have a chance of getting one. ^_^. And is it worth going threw the trouble of getting one?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
isnt it going to be hard for it to pass emmission with it being rHD etc etc, and like the paper work is almost impossible?
i dunno...im only saying what i heard

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
a car with a 1jz swap is just as good as a car that came with a 1jz..... Assuming everything is healthy.

And I assume what you ment to ask is, is a true JZa70 better than a MA70.

All personal oppinion. All the 1jz's Ive driven I fell in love with. Thus why im buying one

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
Ah so its just JDM appeal then? becaue i have sourced down a true JZa70 but i wasnt sure if the chassis is really that much different.

And on a second note: you probably fell in love with it because your driving a N/A haha jk lol

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
racingtoyota007 said:
Dont worry about all that, i know i can get one, the question is, Are the true 1jz supra's any better than the 1jz powered MA70's?

It's the same motor, so why wouldn't it be the same power?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
lol.

Real JZa70's are called twin turbo R's in japan. Like Integra Type R, Skyline Vspec you know, top of the line.

they had different components, Bilstien shocks,springs, stuff like that.

But the chassis is the same, aside from the whole RhD enginee compartment thing.

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
ok thats what i was wondering if the chassis was really even different. Thanks :)
So basicly im better off finding something else mby a evo 6 :O lol

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
HellsLegion said:
lol.

Real JZa70's are called twin turbo R's in japan. Like Integra Type R, Skyline Vspec you know, top of the line.

they had different components, Bilstien shocks,springs, stuff like that.

But the chassis is the same, aside from the whole RhD enginee compartment thing.

I'm pretty sure that there were two types of 1JZ'd JDM supras, the R and the R Limited, the Limited coming with a freak load of extra toys.

Bloody japs keeping the best stuff for themselves :icon_evil (at least they are easy to import and reigster here :biglaugh: )

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
DonS1mpson said:
I'm pretty sure that there were two types of 1JZ'd JDM supras, the R and the R Limited, the Limited coming with a freak load of extra toys.

Bloody japs keeping the best stuff for themselves :icon_evil (at least they are easy to import and reigster here :biglaugh: )

2.5 Twin Turbo R
2.5GT Limited.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
HellsLegion said:
2.5gt limited. Whats that one? Is it less awesomesauce?

GT limited have targas. not sure if ALL of them did, but there are targas as opposed to the R model being all HT.

and the limited had digidash option too... and interior more like what we have here instead of the recaro stuff in the R

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
p406640_1.jpg

p406640_2.jpg

Also forgot the other model. 2.5GT Twin Turbo. Which is just the same thing without digidash at all IIRC. I'll have to look at the book again...