how much would u buy this supra for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

91supra

Sep 2, 2008
Boston, Ma
my engine recently blew on me & due to limited time/money i'm considering selling it as is.
just wondering how much you guys will be willing to spend on a supra that no longer runs due to a blown engine.
keep in mind...

-mint condition metallic blue paint about a year old
-no crazy mods, pretty much all stock.
-only aftermarket parts = apexi intake, rims, & sound system.
-i got this car about 3 or 4 years ago & pretty much replaced everything that was rusted out or that needed to be changed. about $3500 worth of new parts/fixing to make her perfect.
-nearly 130,000 miles
-& much more i can't think of right now
-only thing it needs is someone who has the time/experience/money to either rebuild or get a new engine.

this car has beeen nothing but good to me all these years, & if i took care of her the way i should have, i wouldn't be in this situation. soo if you can fix that engine, she will last you many many more years.

let me know....

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
The last 'mint-ish' Supra I bought I gave $600 for because it didn't run. But with those wheels and being repainted (provided the door jambs/engine bay was painted, I'd get closer to the $1000 mark, but if the jambs/bay are red, or blue, or white, or w/e color, its probably worth less than it would be with crappy paint to me.

I got $3500 out of it fairly quickly when it was running...

That's my $.02

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I gave $1500 for my 92 shell. It had enough mods on it to recoup what I spent, and I got to keep all of the suspension mods, and a couple of others. Yours does come with the bumpers mine didn't, a gas tank, and a complete running gear, and I put my wheels on it too. There is a lot more to what you have than what I bought, but I got mods too. I could see you getting $2000-2500, but that might take a little while. I am not offereing BTW.

The best way to do it would be to go ahead and make a for sale thread. Have a starting price or best offer. If an offer comes through that you are comfortable with, accept it. But remember, with a blown motor, it may take it a good while to sell if aren't flexible.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Non running cars rarely pull in more than $1,500 - and even then they had better be damned nice otherwise.

The average non-running MKIII goes for under $1000

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's your car and you know what it's worth to you. Make a for sale thread if you want to sell it and see if you get any nibbles. If you don't, then save up your pennies to rebuild the engine and then try to sell it if you're tired of the supra game.

I just paid five hundred dollars for an 88 that had a blown head gasket. The car drove perfectly though, it would just run hot after a while. It has perfect blue interior and the smoothest r154 that I've ever owned. The transmission alone is worth almost what I paid for the car. Good luck.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
I bought mine with a thrown rod for $600. the interior is in great shape and the body is really straight so I feel like I got a good deal. the paint however is really bad. so I would give at least $800 for yours probably more. but seriously just keep it and fix it. I'm sure you'll be happy you did. drop in another 7m they really aren't that expensive. Idk thats what I would do. I've never heard of someone being upset that they didn't sell their supra

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
There's a guy who posted his 92 for sale on the local CL, and he thinks he's doing us a favour and listing at $2900 :sarcasm:. I was thinking of offering him more like $1000 for it, since it is teal and in decent shape. Like you his car is a non-running car, due to the engine being taken apart or something like that. Your car is nice, but if you got it working, you would get an amount more in line with what you think it's worth. Maybe you'd just keep it then ;).
eric

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
1100 tops, with stock wheels. I have a rule of not paying over $1000 for a car I can't drive home. My black 89 was mint and virgin with 74k miles and I paid $850 a d had the guy tow it to my house! If it ran, it'd be a whole diff story though. The only car I paid over 1k for was my ex's for a 1j swap. It had a melted piston but mint otherwise, inside and out and that was only $1500. Your best bet is selling off the non stock parts cuz people buyin a project probably won't see much value in parts you paid good money for.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
This appears to be turning into a For Sale thread.

Post it in the classifieds if it is up for sale.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.