How much would this cost to fix?

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
gixxer750;1133788 said:
lol. get a door out of the salvage yard and get it resprayed. you have to pay for paint anyhow...

What are you kidding me? That's nothing...and is so fixable.

Pull the inner door panel, unbolt the handle, assess the rust damage, correct said damage as necessary (sand or grind and weld if necessary), paint, done.

I wouldn't replace a door if that is the extent of the damage.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
really it would be hard to guess at what it would cost to fix. you cant really tell the exact amount of rust damage until you sand it down. it would be alot easier to replace with a door with no damge imho. if you were closer i would give you a door.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
rust-free door would be the easiest by far...no messing around with making sure the entire panel is straight. Grab a door, paint it, and you're set.

67rstbkt

May 22, 2008
Reno, NV
If you have to pay someone for that kind of repair, it may be cheaper to get that new door. Body shops charge, especially non-insurance work. I would expect between $500 and $1000, unless you try someplace like Maaco. If you really want to know how much, take it by a few shops and they will give you an estimate, that will tell you for sure.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Thanks for the replies guys.

This is on a car I'm considering. It has alot of checks in the 'bad' column, but its also one of, if not the most, rare supra every produced. It also happens to be my favorite combination of color and year.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Justin;1134077 said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

This is on a car I'm considering. It has alot of checks in the 'bad' column, but its also one of, if not the most, rare supra every produced. It also happens to be my favorite combination of color and year.

Alot of check in the "bad" column is not a good thing. And those are the checks that you can visually see. That car could have alot of underlying problems that will cost you $$$ down the road. Rare? Come on, it's a MKIII Supra. It's not like you're going to see one of these rolling down the Barrett Jackson runway.

BTW, you don't need a new door for that kind of damage. I would ask around and see if someone knows anybody who works in the autobody industry. Someone does. Get with that guy, and ask to see what he would charge to do a side job. I wouldn't charge no more that $150 to fix that. That's including paint. But then, I have access to primers, sealers, basecoats, and clears. Anybody who works in that field would. But here's the challenge... getting the new paint to match the old oxidized, faded existing paint. Even doing the blend job properly it would still be noticable.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
what exactly makes it rare? color?engine? pick your part 50% day that 20 dollar door would be 10 bux and paint prolly around 100

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
gixxer750;1134588 said:
Just get a door. I've seen a door at pull a part for 20 bucks. Why bother fixing it. You could even find one the same color.

Here's the only problem I see with everyones suggestion: color matching the paint on an 16 year old car could be quite a challenge. Here again I am entering into very uncharted territory. Something I am very unfamiliar with.

As for finding one with the same color... This is the (someone correct me if I am wrong) the rarest color ever produced. Unfortunately i don't think that's a possibility ;)

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
It should be an easy fix. No need to pay someone else to do it. Just one long afternoon and some tools/ touch up paint should be good enough.