How much power?

fixer88

Oct 1, 2009
san diego
Alright guys i don't post on here much i try to research before i ask. Anyways i would like to get some ideas on the power i might be making. I just got done with my build on my 88 gte. I had the head on deck machined for the cometic mls i believe the 2.0 mm i have arp headstuds new bearings .new pistons. Fuel mods are aeromotive afpr. j tube delete. Walbro 255. Driftmotion 550cc inj.lex afm. The turbo i am running is the holset hy35. The updated t4 manifold that driftmotion has. Driftmotion intercooler kit. I am running off of the wastgate spring so it i believe topping out at 7-8 psi. I have not driven it enough to see what is exactly yet.
Sorry guys about the way this is written i am terrible at typing:). I hope i did not forget anything. Oh i did do the 12 volt mod for the fuel pump. I relocated the fuel pump relay to the spare tire area. Thanks guys.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Like they say its all in the tune..what are u fine tuning with? Do u have a wideband to monitor ur A/F ratio? Not familiar with ur turbo but If ur tuned and running safe you could be around 310whp range (guess)..get a boost controller and up the boost and your looking at a lot more.

fixer88

Oct 1, 2009
san diego
Yeah i knew i forgot something i do have the aem wideband on there. Which on my first run down the street i am running around 12.0 a little on the lean side. On another note i do have a safc i bought used it only lights up orange no display. So i have nothing till i get a new one.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
fixer88;1906988 said:
Yeah i knew i forgot something i do have the aem wideband on there. Which on my first run down the street i am running around 12.0 a little on the lean side. On another note i do have a safc i bought used it only lights up orange no display. So i have nothing till i get a new one.

Are you sure it's installed correctly? They can sometimes be a pain to wire, trust me. What year car and is it auto or manual?

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Yeah what he said^ Not familiar with that turbo but with a T4 will take you up in power if you don't stick with 8psi...Which is lame. Get the SAFC in there, take it to someone who has tuned a safc before, and I'd say you are over 400whp once you get a boost controller as mentioned. Good luck and post a vid!

fixer88

Oct 1, 2009
san diego
I do plan on using a boost controller I just wanted to test drive it before going any further. Even with just 8 psi it runs great quite abit better than i expected.cant wait to boost higher.
As far as the safc you know i believe i wired it correctly. I called apexi and told them the problem they said there are jumper wires between the boards inside that may have come off? Dont know. I will double check my wiring. Thanks guys for the replies.