How much power are you running on A340?

jamesdem1123

Mar 2, 2006
Palm Harbor
Alright, i have an A340 in my car that is fried, got an estimate for a rebuild starting at $1200, assuming no new parts.

Question is, how much power are people running on the A340 either original or rebuilt, and what type of rebuild?

Im pretty sure the torque converter is screwed up, that will need replaced/rebuilt. The problem with the transmission is that i pretty much have no reverse, when driving in forward it wont shift until i let off the throttle completely, and even then when i go to give it gas to just cruise it slip like crazy, half throttle it generally shoots up to 5500 rpms.....

Personally i REALLy want a 5speed swap but im short on cash and may need to sell the car due to being shipped out soon (army) :icon_sad:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If your car is stock then I would definately just buy a used transmission. Tookwik had his transmission rebuilt with the upgraded kit and I think it cost him about 1200.00, and there's a guy on here selling upraded torque converters as well, but you seem to be low on funds, so this may not be feasible for you at this time. Good luck, and be careful while in the service.........lol

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35353

jamesdem1123

Mar 2, 2006
Palm Harbor
yea i was looking into swapping in a used auto from a 7mge for awhile to have it running at least but current mods inlcude ct26-57 trim, intake, ebay downpipe, 3 inch back from dp, and manual boost controller but i dont think its doing anything tho, no matter how low i try to set it, it always spools to about 9 then levels at 8, i think they put a different wastegate on, either that or the exhaust is causing it to spool more. either way before the exhaust i had 264hp and 293tq last dyno.,..