how much is a GTE head worth??? help!!!

NCMK3

Dec 19, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Currently in the process of peicing together my NA-T swap, Well a local guy has a bunch of parts laying around, I was pretty much trying to get all the GTE electronics off of him.... Coil packs, Ignitor, CPS, Injectors, He said he would sell me his spare GTE head with all the stuff on it for $500, Wasn't too sure if it was worth it, I planned on using my GE head, But wasn't sure of what to offer him for just the parts i needed??? any help would be greatly appreciated...

NCMK3

Dec 19, 2010
Morehead City, NC
he said it has been decked, but im pretty sure its stock, but he said he'd give me the head plus, ignitor, injectors, coil packs, and cps for 500, but like i said i didn't want the head but wasn't sure if it was worth it since hed give me the stuff i want with it

NCMK3

Dec 19, 2010
Morehead City, NC
yeah i read up on that, but the guy wants me to buy the head and the stuff with it, i dont really want the head..... still wasn't sure if it was a good price with the stuff i need, or wasn't sure how much i should offer him for just the GTE electronics

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
Yea 500 is a bit much for a stocker. The junk yard I go to is really cheap about 40 bucks for the head and like 25 per cam and cover so around 150. But that's a chance, I am going to get some dye and I have a good straight edge and go for it. I can check a yard by me in NJ I know a guy who has a NA? PM me if so.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya yards around here whole motor 200. Head is like 60-100.

Best heads to get are Cressida heads. Far less abuse than any supra for the most part.

NCMK3

Dec 19, 2010
Morehead City, NC
yeah i have no use for the head, i just want the GTE electronics, but he wants to sell the head, and i planned on taking it to a machine shop before i buy it, but i didn't know if 500 was a good deal considering all the stuff that comes with it

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I got a bare head (nothing on it) from a Cressida for $125 shipped. Engine shop was shocked by how nice the condition was for a 7M head.

NCMK3

Dec 19, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Hell yeah thanks for the tips, I think 500 is a lil steep, im going to keep looking and just continue to peice together my swap instead of dealing with this guy, thanks for all the help