how much HP?

89mkthree

supies ignore irish luck!
Apr 12, 2005
near chi town
so im doing a quick bearing refresh and im putting in some other parts. im wondering what my power levels might be after. im shootin for 300+ HP and a low 13 1/4 mile. here is my mod list, plaese tell me what you think.

full 3" turbo back exhaust w/o cat
K&N FIPK
Fidanza flywheel and RPS 6 puck clutch
11 psi
N/A cams
Lightweight crank pulley
EGR block off

and ive done some weight reduction for the 1/4 mile about 100lbs.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ditch the light weight crank pulley and use the $$$ for fuel upgrades. 550's, AFPR, walbro pump, Lex AFM to balance...or go w/ a MAFT Pro in lew of the Lex.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
89mkthree said:
um i already had the LWP

Sell it on eBay...the HP gains are min and unless your motor is completely balanced (crank, rods, pistons) from a re-build, you risk damage from harmonic vibration. The stock pulley is actually a dampener.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
jdub said:
Sell it on eBay...the HP gains are min and unless your motor is completely balanced (crank, rods, pistons) from a re-build, you risk damage from harmonic vibration. The stock pulley is actually a dampener.

agreed. sell it and put the money towards more useful things.

89mkthree

supies ignore irish luck!
Apr 12, 2005
near chi town
yeah ive dont the research on the harmonic balncer, and i think im gunna keep it for now. yeah i know alot of you think this is stupid, but i have seen so many people using them and not haveing problems. so for now im gunna use it and if i notice extra vibrations ill probobly change it back. and if it causes my enginge to detonate after 2 years, thats fine, i can do a full rebuild then.