how many tickets does it take?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Clueless;1174226 said:
He never said that he gotten 82 speeding tickets, maybe you should reread?

Say what? Read below:

Txsupra;1174031 said:
How many SPEEDING tickets have you gotten over the years? This is just for speeding or unsafe speed. How many at one time? I just got my 82nd I think. Pretty sure. Its a bummer cause as I type this out i remember I have to pay it today!

I have ZERO tickets. I use a radar detector most the time and it has warned me of three speed traps which I was about to speed through over the last 3 years. :)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Clueless;1174226 said:
He never said that he gotten 82 speeding tickets, maybe you should reread?

Perhaps it is you that should re-read.

Txsupra;1174031 said:
How many SPEEDING tickets have you gotten over the years? This is just for speeding or unsafe speed. How many at one time? I just got my 82nd I think. Pretty sure. Its a bummer cause as I type this out i remember I have to pay it today!

ORLY??

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Yea the cop was originally writing it for 88 in a 65 then changed his mind.

I told the lady at the ticket office, if I was getting this ticket, I wanted to redo it and do atleast 130 haha. I also asked if two semi-trucks were next to eachother doing 23mph over would they get a racing on the highway ticket? She didn't answer.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
1 speeding ticket. I was 16, my speedometer was off like 8-9mph, 44 in a 30 from a fat woman officer. Got it dropped though :)

I'm always just cruising with traffic, no need to go 85 when traffic is going 70, I'm not saving myself more than like 2 minutes and it is too much of a hassle to deal with traffic and cops when going fast. I figure if I have good karma from driving sanely 99% of the time, the 1% that I'm doing spirited driving I won't be ticketed for.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Damn, man! I've had 38 points in 12 months (lost the license for a year and a half. Got a hardship license, stopped driving the Trans Am, and bought an '88 Accord to keep my nose clear for 3 years ;))

I've had probably 15-20 tickets in 8 years of driving. 1 accident (I was rear-ended by a semi) and that is it.

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
In the last 3 years, I have one speeding ticket.. In my truck for doing fifteen over even though the guy beside me was still passing me. Other than that, one stunting ticket and a BS racing ticket Im going to court over. The officers notes said "accelerating faster than the rest of traffic." Even though I never exceeded the speed limit I got a racing ticket. I guess there is a normal acclerating speed now? :nono:

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
1 speeding ticket here a couple years ago when I was 18. It was the first day school was back in so I was doing the previous days speed limit and got hit by some annoying cop with her radar gun from behind a fence. Didn't bother fighting it since I knew I was wrong but could have and would have gotten away with it to. Oh well. Since then Ive been pulled over probably 20 times, all without getting a ticket, its fun getting pulled over when you drive a RHD supra in Canada cause it usually takes the cop about 5 minutes to figure out that I'm the damn driver and not my passenger lol. Been in 1 accident where I got rear ended in my old work truck on a rainy day.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Hmm, I've had three tickets in 11 years. All for speeding. First ticket I was doing 73mph in a 55mph zone. Second was for 104mph in a 60mph. Thankfully the officer's kid had an 11sec AWD Galant VR4, so he gave me a break on the fine. Last ticket was in May of this year on the way back from the Centralia Meet. Along with CajunKenny.
p1174343_1.jpg

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Never gotten one in the supra though I speed more now than ever before. Got one way back when I was driving my honda in 2001 while looking for a cross street at 2am.:biglaugh: I got it dropped so nothing on my record.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
3. worst was a 97 in a 65 when i was out with 2 other supra guys. tried to fight it and the law won. found out after that the judge had baby sat the DA, stupid redneck town....