How many of you actually sold a MKIII and later decided to buy another one?

sc2665

Apr 23, 2006
Gonzales
i have had 3 so far. a 88n/a then i decided to go turbo so i got a 87t and after rebuildin the engine and a few upgrades decided it was more problems than i had time for so i sold it. then i bought my friends 88t that we had gone through and done right from the get go and inspected it very good before even he bought it. he got tired of it and sold it to me. now i'm fixin to jump off into it and upgrade it somemore

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
had to sell my old one to help pay for my grandfathers funeral. then decided to buy another because i missed my supra. probably will NEVER sell this one though!

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
bought a 88 n/a didn't like the power so I sold it then bought an 90 turbo its been great but way too much money has been invested. Probaly going to try and sell it sometime in the near future. Might go for a 3rd we will see

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Only way this Supra is going to go is if it blows up. I dunno if I would get another one though... I'd probably move on to a different car.

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
I had a MKII. I loved it but it blew up and I sold it.

So I bought another MKII. I loved it but it got hit badly and I sold it.

So I bought a MKIII. I loved it but the head gasket blew and I decided to build it.

So I bought another MKIII. It was a N/A and not to thrilling. So I sold it.

So I bought an almost new Porsche Carrera. I love it and I drive the shit out of it every day. By the time it wears out that MKIII I kept to build should be ready.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
I sold my N/A because it was totaled, and I didn't want to fix it for the third time (it had been in two other accidents before). So I sold that one, and now I'm in the market for another.

-Matt

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Mine was stolen and wrecked. I got another one but it wasnt easy to start from scratch again. I had to Start the mod process all over again and restoration. My car was almost complete before. It was discouraging.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Had a MK II, fixed everything on it, and sold it to the first buyer that came to look at it. It was near mint, but stock.
Bought an '87 n/a, fixed everything on it, and sold it to the first buyer again. (It wasn't fast enough).
Bought an '88T, rebuilt it, now I'm dd'ing it, and having big fun! They are damned money pits, though.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Sold my 85 L-Type in 1996 for a POS 96 Monte Carlo!!!!

In 2004 I wanted a Supra MK3 Targa project more than anything. I got lucky and found the 89 I have now for $600 and the rest is history. BTW its never ever going to be for sale. I plan on being buried in it!!!!!:biglaugh:

Everyone has their own idea of what the ultimate car is and for me its a MK3 Targa............:icon_bigg

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
da89soup said:
Sold my 85 L-Type in 1996 for a POS 96 Monte Carlo!!!!

In 2004 I wanted a Supra MK3 Targa project more than anything. I got lucky and found the 89 I have now for $600 and the rest is history. BTW its never ever going to be for sale. I plan on being buried in it!!!!!:biglaugh:

Everyone has their own idea of what the ultimate car is and for me its a MK3 Targa............:icon_bigg

LOL. me too! hmm...perfect supra? i want a low miles Blue '86.5 Hardtop, no tems, no abs. :love: i want it cause i was born in 86 :biglaugh: . but i'll settle for a '92 :bigthumb:

hopefloata

Sep 7, 2007
East Bay, Cali
Im on N/A #3...
*1st was a 86.5. It came with a bunk motor and it froze up on me. I knew nothing about cars at this point and probably could have prevented the issue if I were more knowledgeable. swapped a N/A into it and got impounded the night I finished the work necessary to smog and register. The bills got too big to get it back.
*2nd was a 87 N/A. Bought it with a BHG. Swapped with a low-mi. JDM motor. Sold it due to an unexpectedly brief move outta the country. If I had any way of knowing that I would only been gone 6 months I woulda stored it.
*Now its a 88 N/A. Plan on keeping this one. Trying to make it run/look as perfect as possible at the moment. Then when the motor is on its last legs Ill swap it out with something undecided as of yet.