How many hours a week do you work?

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
6sbco4x.gif

depending on how I feel ... 5-10 a week ... It actually depends if I need money for something... IF I work, I make like 200/hour IF I work ... If I just let things go - probably 70bucks/hour (assuming a 40h-week) ... so If I need money I work a little more ... but right now I feel like vacation :naughty:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
45 or so hours a week, Mon-Fri. But, I think I'm actually going to go into work here in a few to finish a couple things up. We have a huge base wide inspection starting on tuesday. GAY!!!

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Im in the Marine Corps and while in the US, I work around 50 hrs a week. While I was in Iraq, I worked 144 hrs a week. We worked 72 on 24 off. Staying awake and alive for 3 days straight can be a chore if youve never done it before.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
2543arvin said:
Im in the Marine Corps and while in the US, I work around 50 hrs a week. While I was in Iraq, I worked 144 hrs a week. We worked 72 on 24 off. Staying awake and alive for 3 days straight can be a chore if youve never done it before.

Man, God Bless you!!! When I was deployed to UAE, we work 6 days on 1 day off, 12 hour shifts. And I thought that was bad.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
AF1JZ said:
Man, God Bless you!!! When I was deployed to UAE, we work 6 days on 1 day off, 12 hour shifts. And I thought that was bad.

The only reason that I figured up the hours was because my wife told me that someone in the US had said something about how the military gets paid too much for what they do. So I decided to find out how much I make hourly......well, my pay divided by 144 hrs a week brought me to making just under $5 an hour. 4.90 IIRC.....and I thought to myself, that there is no way that anybody would volunteer to go to Iraq for a piece of $5 an hour.:biglaugh:

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
2543arvin said:
The only reason that I figured up the hours was because my wife told me that someone in the US had said something about how the military gets paid too much for what they do. So I decided to find out how much I make hourly......well, my pay divided by 144 hrs a week brought me to making just under $5 an hour. 4.90 IIRC.....and I thought to myself, that there is no way that anybody would volunteer to go to Iraq for a piece of $5 an hour.:biglaugh:

You are dead on!!! People don't know until they have gone over there. But, we'll save that for another day. Thank you though for your time in Iraq and making it back in one piece.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
AF1JZ said:
You are dead on!!! People don't know until they have gone over there. But, we'll save that for another day. Thank you though for your time in Iraq and making it back in one piece.

Thank you sir, I wasnt a member here during the last deployment, but were heading back out in Feb, so being able to conversate with the folks on here will make things a little easier I believe.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Glad we got people like you bud. I don't feel near as bad for my hours I am working now. :biglaugh: Good luck when you go back. Be careful!

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
About 35-40 hours of work and I'm a full time student. I have weekends off though. All my weekdays are crammed tight of either school or work, so I'm dead tired by the time the weekend comes and sleep like 14hrs a day.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
45-50 hours, plus full time student. Wonder why my build is taking so long? :3d_frown:

December 7th... finals week... then out until Spring Semester, and the Supra is ALL I will be working on!