How many 92 Supra owners? Post here!

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
'92 owner checking in. Was originally Teal Metallic, but the paint was in such poor shape and the drivers door had a crease, so it's been completely changed (not half assed) to Super Black including under hood, door jambs, trunk, etc.

5 Speed
Sunroof
Shadow Grey Leather

the "Before" pictures...will have during and after as soon as it's finished.

p840125_1.jpg

p840125_2.jpg

Horrible interior pic...

p840125_3.jpg

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
tissimo said:
the 92 gray was the same as 90+ blueish grey..

Its a nice looking color, just never have seen it on a 92. For that matter, I've never seen a blue or silver/gray color of any shade on a 92. I guess the production of those colors on a 92 is very rare?

Jo3f1sh said:
'92 owner checking in. Was originally Teal Metallic, but the paint was in such poor shape and the drivers door had a crease, so it's been completely changed (not half assed) to Super Black including under hood, door jambs, trunk, etc.

Looks very nice. Your interior looks pefect. I like the teal you had too, but black looks great on a MKIII.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
If I had just been patient and saved up some money I'd be an owner of a 92 Supra. But nooooooooooo I had to have one NOW. That's when I bought the grey 89 na w/rodknock. Should've waited, but oh well. I'll make my 86.5 just as nice.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Noticed that there was only ONE hardtop, so damn hard to find HARDTOP TURBO 5SPD MKIII's now days, when I do find a hardtop, its either auto or NA, when I find a turbo, it's either targa or auto, when I find a 5spd, it's either NA or targa *sigh* I'll find her one of these days..

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Supra28 said:
Noticed that there was only ONE hardtop, so damn hard to find HARDTOP TURBO 5SPD MKIII's now days, when I do find a hardtop, its either auto or NA, when I find a turbo, it's either targa or auto, when I find a 5spd, it's either NA or targa *sigh* I'll find her one of these days..

Mine is HT.

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Supra28 said:

Mine's a hardtop as well. I almost wish i had bought a targa...until i drove one with it for about a month...the squeaks were unbearable...might just be this particular one though. But the sunroof is plenty for me.

mkthree92, i wish my interior was perfect, but the seats have some bolster wear. It pains me to see it every time i open the door. Hopefully they'll be repaired here soon by a guy here in town...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Jo3f1sh said:
Mine's a hardtop as well. I almost wish i had bought a targa...until i drove one with it for about a month...the squeaks were unbearable...might just be this particular one though. But the sunroof is plenty for me.

mkthree92, i wish my interior was perfect, but the seats have some bolster wear. It pains me to see it every time i open the door. Hopefully they'll be repaired here soon by a guy here in town...
yea I'm over targas.. If i build another mkiii (besides my 91) itll be a hardtop sunroof.. I wont own another targa (unless i get an amazing deal)

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Jo3f1sh said:

I didn't realize you had a sunroof- nice! That's very good yours is repairable. That's more than many can say. From what I can see, it looks to be better than 99% of the rest stock leathers on here. Mine's cloth which I like and they're in mint condition, except for some piping sticking out on the drivers side seat. :icon_mad: I'm looking to get some nice leather seat covers soon- gray in the middle with black on the outside which should look nice and save the cloth.

wiz6ard9pr said:
I have a 92 White, blue leather, 120,xxx miles. really clean and the new engine is almost done. I will have pictures soon.

Nice car, with sunroof too I see. Is yours Auto or 5spd? Turbo?

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Nice find! And it's only a little over $2000 USD. You guys over there in the UK should go check it out.

wiz6ard9pr

May 28, 2006
Victorville, CA
mkthree92 said:
Nice car, with sunroof too I see. Is yours Auto or 5spd? Turbo?

My car was an automatic, but I changed it to 5 speed. And yes its turbo
p848124_1.jpg

This is my new engine, Forged piston, all around arp bolts, Port and Polish, 57trim turbo. And the very good looking powder coating.

Jostar said:
I have one just like yours, Expect mine has black leather interior, 1jzgte & 5 speed, Can't forget the AEM ems, but here is some pics....http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/JZA70R/Supra4.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/JZA70R/Supra2.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/JZA70R/Supra.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/JZA70R/mysupra.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/JZA70R/motor.jpg

This is my second 92 supra, the other one was just like yours.

Im curious how your car runs with the EMS. I hear its a great unit for the 1j, but very few run it or can AFFORD to run it.

Ken

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i have a 92 super red(mostly),turbo,targa,auto,shadow grey leather.i bought it with 81,XXX and currently has 89,XXX after over 2 yrs.paint has to wait for mod's to be complete
p848458_1.jpg