• 9-12 months

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Fucking forever

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters

mp51998

Apr 10, 2005
Corpus Christi Texas
Bought my 91 in May of 02' Drove it for about 2 months and got the dreaded rod knock. Immediatly took it off the road and tore the motor down. Had money for a full rebuild w/mods but then moved to Texas and twice since then so money was spent. Cant wait till tax time though because she will be on the road then. Come on Feb. Long story short its been about three and a half years. Wife begs me to sell but I wont. I love that car.:love: Still sit in it and remember driving her.

Attachments

• 91Supra001.jpg
    91Supra001.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 9

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
mp51998 said:
Bought my 91 in May of 02' Drove it for about 2 months and got the dreaded rod knock. Immediatly took it off the road and tore the motor down. Had money for a full rebuild w/mods but then moved to Texas and twice since then so money was spent. Cant wait till tax time though because she will be on the road then. Come on Feb. Long story short its been about three and a half years. Wife begs me to sell but I wont. I love that car.:love: Still sit in it and remember driving her.

It gives you a real nice grin on your face right!?!? :icon_bigg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
if by sitting you mean not moving under its own power, then over 1 year. It hasn't been driven regularily for about 2.5 years. This will change very soon though.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
mp51998 said:

Thats a sharp looking ride! Get it back on the road so you can turn your supra bug into a full on cancer that gets better with time.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Took me 2 years to build my grey car. Bought it with an unknown BHG motor, so I replaced it, rather than rebuild. Got a cheap ebay motor, and paid to have it put in. That motor was shot as well (but not a total loss). Got another block, and swapped over the externals, and learned the whole pull/build/re-install with it. Drove it for a year, and it was snatched away in an instant by a drunk bitch.

My White 87 has sat now for 10-11 months awaiting a motor install. A good running 90 had made it not a priority. A crash now makes it a priority. Motor is in, and I just need to figure out why my starter is just clicking. (Ground probably/ maybe clutch switch/maybe bad starter)

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Min went august or september 2004. Piston slap FTL. After that i bought another supe, took the engine from that one so i went Turbo. Stripping of that car took about 3 months (time issues). Then i started to save up some more and had it rebuild. At least the parts that i couldn't do myself. Turbo seemed to be in good shape so i didn't touch that.

Last year november i put i could finally start it, toyed around with it to get some bugs out. But i kept having a oilleak and decided to pull the engine to look closer. Well i drained the oil but that looked like mokka so i put new oil in, drained the water (what was left of it) and let it sit.

I waited forever for SP's new turbo but when Tim decided to not return any of my pm's or mails anymore (the same goes for Larry and Gary), god knows why i suppose, i turned to HPF and got my stuff.

Well now that's all in but in the time waiting on parts i decided to do up the body and found bad stuff. So i fixed that, tried various different body styles (stock, custom widebody, B&M rear and sides, and went back to custom) and that's taking most of my time right now. I also made a custom hood (might've seen it on SF).

I hope to have it painted by christmas so i can start putting the body back together and get some more parts (MAFT Pro and stuff) to get it running. Then i need to get it passed by the german TuV to get this thing streetlegal :D.

Anyway i'm hoping to drive it (legally) next summer. So that'll make it about 2.75 to 3 years.

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
About a week when the head gasket was installed. Other than that I use it most days with little down time (n/a for reliability win).

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
hmm, been so long now... ...i blew my stock headgasket sometime in early June '06, then removed the motor about a week later and have been slowly rebuilding it since then. eh, what can i say? i am a slow worker. :biglaugh:

Heggmonic

Oct 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Mine has been sitting for about 2 weeks after HG, rear shocks, exhaust, frnt lwr ball joints, clutch pedal rubber, inner & outer tie rods (safety inspection), just waiting for tomorrow to get the muffler extensions and install them, then off to the safety inspection again. After that storage for the winter and out in April or May..... If I can get enough dinero, maybe sooner for a paint job! Bought this 87 for $330 on eBay. Still can't figure out why the front end is so high....?