How long do Copper NGK's last?

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
I put in some copper NGKs about 30-35k ago and Im wondering if its time for new ones. I am getting a rough start and idle once in a while.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
until I take them out..............which is whenever I change the oil in my car or sooner. I have a phobia of losing a race due to a bad plug. I buy mine from Summit, 24 at a time. The ones I take out always look perfect, but my therapist has been really busy lately and I haven't had a chance to see her.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nope. I usually throw them away, but here lately my neighbor has been getting them and using them for something. He may be selling them on eBay for all I know........lol

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IIRC, going by "old school" cars/guys, they last 10-20K miles. So about once a year you should change them.

Dont know if you have seen one of these before but service stations (gas stations) used to clean your plugs (for a small fee) for you when you filled up you tank get more life out of coppers. This was back in the olden days when plugs cost more then $2 in todays money ;)

ac.jpg

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
oh dang! well I got parts like that at cost. I will do them with my next oil change!

can anyone remind me of the part number? Its on a 1JZ 14psi of boost.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
When I had the stock JZ ignition I would change them about every month or so thats with racing every weekend and running 19-20 psi boost. Now with the BIC 1ZZ coil kit, my NGK coppers lasted me the whole summer last year, and that with about 50 passes down the drag strip!!!, try that with stock ignition and copper plugs!!

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
92nsx;1544363 said:
IIRC, going by "old school" cars/guys, they last 10-20K miles. So about once a year you should change them.

Dont know if you have seen one of these before but service stations (gas stations) used to clean your plugs (for a small fee) for you when you filled up you tank get more life out of coppers. This was back in the olden days when plugs cost more then $2 in todays money ;)

ac.jpg

Thats freakin cool never seen one of those before. American pickers would love that.:squirt-mo