How hard is it to rebuild your own turbo ????

wizeguy707

Nov 3, 2008
Texarkana, TX
Hey guys, might be a dumb question, but I just bought a t-67-r upgrade kit for my stock ct. :naughty: I'm just wondering did I bite off more than I can chew?
I mean the design is simple. But is there something I'm not seeing as far as tearing into the housing that I should be for warned about? :1zhelp:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
turbochargers.com out of Houston, Tx. Should be close to you. You can have them balance the wheel, and machine the housing for it to fit. Is it a 67mm inducer? If so, that is pretty big.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
The CT-26 67 upgrade is a eBay scam. Even if you had all the work done it would self destruct. I think there was a thread a long time ago, someone told the seller it would never work and he kept saying oh well Ill give it to you for this price, he eventually got down to around half what he was asking in the auction. Pretty amusing

wizeguy707

Nov 3, 2008
Texarkana, TX
K, thanks guys. It's on the way, but the joy of paypal is it can always go back within thirty days.

Kind of figured it seemed too good to be true. But, that's why I asked. Thanks again:cry:

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
wizeguy707;1264504 said:
Which other turbos are direct upgrade replacements for the ct26???

You have plenty of choices my friend. I dont know what route you would like to take but you can successfully put a .57 trim wheel in the stock ct-26. The .57 seems to be the most popular, most reliable, and makes good power for what it is.I personally run a T04E 57 trim bolton, true t4 turbo that mates to the stock manifold and it can still mate up to all the existing equipment.

wizeguy707

Nov 3, 2008
Texarkana, TX
Fuzz420;1264570 said:
You have plenty of choices my friend. I dont know what route you would like to take but you can successfully put a .57 trim wheel in the stock ct-26. The .57 seems to be the most popular, most reliable, and makes good power for what it is.I personally run a T04E 57 trim bolton, true t4 turbo that mates to the stock manifold and it can still mate up to all the existing equipment.

Sounds good, thanks for the input. I am on a little bit of a budget, but who isn't right? I've just got to find a decent replacement for a good price, so I can also afford the ddp I've been dreaming of.