How hard is CAD?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
rakkasan;912041 said:
I depends on the field you're in. I was a contract rebar detailer for many years, and I'm glad I'm out of it. One small mistake (that is field correctable 90% of the time) has you on the phone for hours with an ignorant contractor, who has "been doing this for 20 years", is completely behind on the current codes & common practices and generally doesn't know his ass from a hole in the wall. Additionally, they will blame you for making a mistake in order to cover up one of their screw up.

Sheeesh, did I mention that I'm glad I'm back in the Army?

Oh so true, lol. I feel ya man, I feel ya.

I suppose it all depends on the company and field, yes... should have added that :biglaugh:

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
suprarx7nut;911291 said:
The programs are the real deal and not imitations. The software is legal, the uploading of the software is not legal.

So it is illegal. I guess I'll just take an AutoCAD course.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i'm just learning autodesk inventor my second semester in engineering. if you want to use inventor (helluva lot easier than autocad from my experiences) look at college bookstores or online for a book called "parametric modeling with autodesk inventor 2008" by randy shih. breaks down everything step by step with pics and all. it's really helped me learn it.

and like everyone else said, programs work but it's definitely illegal to download em :(