How do you swap a 2JZGTE into an SC400?

Dr Tweak

Just kidding :)

This SC400 is getting a swap from a 2JZ Aristo and is staying automatic. First I just cleaned up the engine bay and removed all the junk in my way, and taped off the intake and turbo ports:

freddie1.jpg

freddie2.jpg

freddie3.jpg

Then I installed the plug and play harness. I decided to use heat-reflective wrap to protect it where it goes between the firewall and the engine:

freddie4.jpg

freddie5.jpg

More updates will be posted soon :woot:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
nice, and yes it should! lol! i am building my exhaust today on my 2j i really want a gs300 tt too on top of it now lol

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Dr Tweak;927279 said:
I was going to put it there but I was afraid it would have gotten kicked out since it's not an MK3... (some forums are real anal about that kind of stuff).

Thanks for the comments! :)

-Doc

hey tweak, i thought you said you only do wiring now so what's up with the 2j swap? so you're missing the actions aren't you? LOL ...

btw...are you planning on stopping by in my neck of the woods during your grand tour of america?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The answer to your title is simple, you dont. You turbo the 1uz in there already.

Nice swap though, plenty of room left over.

Dr Tweak

Zumtizzle;932980 said:
I CALL PHOTOSHOP! ;)

Crap, you caught me! :icon_bigg

Took the intake manifold all apart and cleaned everything. I thought taking the electronics off would be a good idea before giving the manifold a bath in the parts washer :D

freddie6.jpg

Cleaned up and put back together:

freddie7.jpg

Installed. Also built a custom bracket to hold the power steering resevoir in place here.

freddie8.jpg

freddie9.jpg

When the car came to me the hydraulic fan for the SC400 was missing, and he wanted to use the Aristo hydralic fan. Since the housing didn't quite line up to the SC400 radiator, I had to weld up some custom brackets. Cleaned up the shroud a bit too.

freddie10.jpg

Custom p/s line:

freddie11.jpg

freddie12.jpg

Custom fuel line:

freddie13.jpg