How do i take off the door panel to my 1990 mkIII without breaking anything?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
two screws up front, about 5 screws along the bottom of the door (run your hand down the bottom of the door panel and feel for them, pop out the covers on the door handle and unscrew the door handles, and one under the door lever. then take a flat head or a interior panel tool and pop all the clips off along the back of th door.

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
On my 89, you have to take out the two in front, one under the handle, I usually just pull out that whole cup thing. Take the two out for the light and disconnect it. Don't forget to make sure the connector is there when you put it back together. Take out the screws along the bottom. Pop the plugs out of the handle with the window switch and unscrew those until you hear the threads popping back in because it's out. Pop off the speaker grill and undo those two as well. Then remove the handle and unclip the connector. Then be very careful with the trim around the lock switch. I think it might be necessary to remove it but try not to. I broke mine because they don't like to come out. I just glued them with a drop of glue back to the carpet and you can't tell. Not sure how to safely remove those. Then you seperate the door panel from the door and unhooking it from the top. I've done this about 3 times each door. Lol got to love car audio. Hope this helps.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I highly suggest you buy a factory repair manual. They help a lot when you have no idea what you're doing. Well worth the money spent vs breaking stuff.

Alternatively you can go to a local junkyard and find a Supra to practice taking its panel off before doing your own.

Last edited:

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
All i have to say is...

"Did you understand or did i studder? hubba hubba hubba" - SPM :slap:

I'll be right back, Im going to go take pictures to try to help this guy out...

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Spoon feeding... (oh & sorry guys for the crap quality. my ancient potato (phone) is old & crappy)

Take this off
p1809952_1.jpg

To get to the phillips screw behind it. theres two you have to remove
p1809952_2.jpg

This pops off
p1809952_3.jpg

Theres two.. duuhh
p1809952_4.jpg

p1809952_5.jpg

here are these two that have some sort of cap on them. with a flat head take of the caps to uncover the phillips screw & use a phillips screwdriver to get those two out.
p1809952_6.jpg

& the one by the door handle..
p1809952_7.jpg

& theres about 5 screws down underneath.
p1809952_8.jpg

p1809952_9.jpg

& of course the courtesy light!
p1809952_10.jpg

did i miss anything guys? i think after getting all those out you should be able to pop it forward then upwards

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
GrimJack;1809425 said:
Someone forgot to mention the two screws holding the light in the bottom corner. It's much easier if you pull those, unclip the wires to the light, and then pull the door panel.

oh yea. i usually just unhook the connector once the panel is loose.