How do I hardwire the ABS sensor on a r154?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I just did the AT-MT swap on my 90T MKIII. I finished up all the wiring; neutral safety bypass (wired to bottom clutch sensor), Cruise control disable (wired to top clutch sensor) and reverse lights. The last thing I need to do is the ABS sensor. I've research around and every place says that if the car originally had ABS then it should be plug and play. The ABS plug on my engine harness is a 4 wire square plug. The plug coming off the ABS sensor on the r154 has been cut-off by the previous owner, however, the sensor only has 3 wires (red, black, white). I bought a bunch of plugs off of Tubbie awhile ago for this swap and he sent me a 3 wire small grey triangle plug for the ABS with different color wires than that of the sensor's. What am I missing here?

Does anyone have pics of the male and female plugs for the ABS?

Thanks.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
The B3 plug is your ABS in the dash, They go to the B3 Plug under the dash which has the progressive power steering on it as well.

White/Green Progressive power steering +
White/Red Progressive Power Steering -
Red ABS
Yellow ABS
Black ABS

They're easy to hard wire in

I also looked into Shaeff's diagram and there are three wires for abs PLUS one more for the Automatic transmission ECT computer.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
reydio;1364116 said:
Hmmm, I don't have ABS on mine, but I do have the plug, it's just not connected. And it is a four wire.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-absspeedsensorforr154.php

That's the male plug I'm missing alright (B3). That plug connects to the engine harness right next to where transmission plugs are. My reverse speed sensor on the r154 only has 3 wires coming off of it. Red, black and white (yellow?). I'm going to try and source that male plug and extend the wires to the female plug by the firewall. It should really be that easy.

Thanks everyone!

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
92TealSupra;1364187 said:
The B3 plug is your ABS in the dash, They go to the B3 Plug under the dash which has the progressive power steering on it as well.

White/Green Progressive power steering +
White/Red Progressive Power Steering -
Red ABS
Yellow ABS
Black ABS

They're easy to hard wire in

I also looked into Shaeff's diagram and there are three wires for abs PLUS one more for the Automatic transmission ECT computer.

SUPER THREAD revival!!!!! hey I atleast used the SEARCH button lol...

Red ABS
Yellow ABS
Black ABS

Which one of this is 12v? Ground? signal? I know the obvious is red is 12v & black is ground.. but I could be wrong.. I just need clarification please...

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Had you read this thread, specifically Shaeff's TEWD link, you wouldn't have had to revive it.
Your answer is right there. Good luck.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There is only 3 wires going to the rear abs sensor but it has a 4p connector. Wire colors are red black and yellow and go from the abs sensor through the engine harness to the b3 body connector to the abs computer. The connector will also have the 2 pps wires on it if you have it