How do I clean my new AN hoses after assembly?

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello,
I have just completed my new oilsystems.
Removed the old stuff and replace with a full flow temp controlled system.
AN10 stainless braided hoses.

Now that all my hoses are completed I want to clean them before final install and was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to clean them?
Is there anything else I should consider now that my hoses are assembled?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I know after I was done cutting my braided lines to size with a dremel wheel, there was plenty of metal shavings and rubber pieces left inside. Not good for fuel lines. So I bent each braided line in a "U", poured in 90% isopropyl alcohol, and shook it around to loosen all the rubber and metal debris. Then I took my garden hose with a high pressure nozzle and thoroughly sprayed out the line from both sides. Left it hanging to dry and proceeded to do this to the rest of them. May be overkill, but for fuel lines, I wasn't taking any chances.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I used a chop saw to cut mine. Plenty of dust, ect. Worked great, but too much dust and metal bits. New technique is a mason's chisel and a 3lb sledge, resting the hose on a small block of aluminum. Clean cuts, no debris.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
Absolutely. Only way I could keep it from fraying. Also, if you don't have a vise handy, a couple of hose clamps works wonder when pushing the fitting on.