How dark are your windows Pics please

CalsonicGTR

Super Stock
Feb 5, 2008
Carbondale, Illinois
2539815942_f4022b57db_b.jpg

Here is my car. It has 5% on the rear and 50% (I think) on the front and windshield. The guy I bought it from lived in Georgia and owns a tint shop so I left everything on there. Got a warning last weekend about them so you will definetly want to check local laws regarding it. The 5% is fine for me in terms of being able to see out of it.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
supramk3man;1067555 said:
Great state of KY seems to care less. If you are in the a big city "Lexington, Lousivlle, Frankfort" and get pulled over some times they will write it up but most times they don't care. So i can do the same precent all around.

5% and im in this area you speak of, no issues 3 years running :biglaugh:

I have been hearing more and more people especially in frankfort getting tickets for tint. I think with the new shell coming out of the shop im going to switch to about 20% to be safe

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
when i bought my gs it had 5% all the way aroung except for windshield of course. i hated it, you could barely see to drive. it looked really good though.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
In 1996. When I moved to Miami. The first thing I did was tint the supra to 5% all around. Never had a problem until ONE time. The Miami-Dade county officer asked me to roll the window down, and then he went on to explain, " If this meter reads below 20%, that is a ticketable offense." So he put the meter on.

got to 2.98%. lol. Cop let me off as I still had my South Dakota tags on the car. Moved to minnesota. nowhere near as much light as Miami, so I ended up taking the 5% tint from all the front windows (so stock tinting now). Left it on the big rear one though.

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Thanks fletch those are the kinda of pics i needed. 5% is just going to be to dark but it sure looks great on that car.

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
i dont have pics, but my supra had 15% all around and i loved it, only had some issues backing up in really dark places, thats it tho.

on my audi i have 10% and it can get annoying taking lefts in dark places, hard to see.

id say 15-20 is best, still dark, but visibility is good

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
3% is going to abit dark i went to the shop but they was over booked and i was going to have to wait so i will try to get tomorrow. I think i will go 15% i will post pics soon as i can. thanks for the help

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
You guys are nuts for having your door windows that dark. I did that when I was a teenager with 30% tint and I hit and knocked over a cyclist coming down the sidewalk as I was leaving a parking lot, because I didn't see him coming.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
tekdeus;1070730 said:
You guys are nuts for having your door windows that dark. I did that when I was a teenager with 30% tint and I hit and knocked over a cyclist coming down the sidewalk as I was leaving a parking lot, because I didn't see him coming.

Though I agree 3% is nuts, maybe even 5%, I really don't think the tint is to blame for hitting a cyclist when it was 30% tint. :dunno:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Im sorry but 15% is way too dark for door windows. You are asking for trouble. I really dont see why anyone would knowingly reduce their ability to see safely out their windows. :nono:

Why dont you coat your brakes with a little oil and crank up your stereo so loud you cant hear anything around you as well.

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
not sure how many percent it is , i didn't do it . The shop did it for me and it looks cool during the day but too dark for me at night .:icon_biggmkiii1.JPG

mkiii21.JPG

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
suprarx7nut;1070747 said:
Though I agree 3% is nuts, maybe even 5%, I really don't think the tint is to blame for hitting a cyclist when it was 30% tint. :dunno:

The thing is, I was looking both ways for cars, so I could pull out, and did not see the cyclist coming in my peripheral vision. I feel the tint was a big part of it.