Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
This(circled in red);

attachment.php

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
slam on the brakes when the roads are wet. If you lock up no abs. If your pedal pulses and almost feels like it speeds up a little, then youve got the abs

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Jayhall;1675284 said:
slam on the brakes when the roads are wet. If you lock up no abs. If your pedal pulses and almost feels like it speeds up a little, then youve got the abs

lol i tried that a few weeks a go and thats when i discovered i had a leaky brake master and that slotted rotors can stop you pretty quick

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

picture much more effective thanks anyways

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Jayhall;1675284 said:

I did that once & all i heard was tires screeching & i didn't slam the brakes that hard & when i came to a stop i could smell the rubber & i have ABS.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
Jayhall;1675284 said:

lol. thats alot like the LSD/posi test.

Martiv

Feb 16, 2010
Tartu
Minute here guys. I definately don't have what's shown in the picture, then again I'm 100% sure I do have ABS. Maybe ABS itself is located in different spots depending on the year, mine is 89.

Why I'm so sure I have ABS - It's winter in here and tons of snow and Ice, when I brake on Ice or snow i can clearly feel ABS kicking pedal back and not letting wheels to stop, trust me on thisone ;)

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Martiv;1675651 said:
Minute here guys. I definately don't have what's shown in the picture, then again I'm 100% sure I do have ABS. Maybe ABS itself is located in different spots depending on the year, mine is 89.

Why I'm so sure I have ABS - It's winter in here and tons of snow and Ice, when I brake on Ice or snow i can clearly feel ABS kicking pedal back and not letting wheels to stop, trust me on thisone ;)

huh interesting mines a 89 to but im pretty sure i dont have abs if i stomp on it locks up and slides. anyone now if the abs is located somewere else in the 89+ models?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Martiv;1675651 said:

nope, it's there if you have it, not if you don't...

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
radiod;1675588 said:
LSD test like my signature? ;)

yes. always a epic win

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Martiv;1675651 said:

toyota never changed the location of the abs unit. it stayed in the same spot.