How can people be so blatently stupid

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
I probably spelled blatently wrong but whatever. So this kid that i've wanted to race for MONTHS finally decides tonight that he wants to race. He's in a 06 Mustang GT 4.6L piece of trash that is daddies in the first place. I've always wanted to race him at the track, but his daddy wont let him, and yet he lets him take it out night and use a full tank a gas, what does he think hes doin with it? practicing his parking? So he comes into my place of work, uptalkin his Mustang, saying that it runs 12's. But hes never gone to the track so how does he know this? "look it up anywhere man, it says on the internet and the dealership that is runs low 12's dude" So you mean to tell me that a BONE STOCK MUSTANG GT can run as fast as Lambo's and Porsches? I failed to ask him that question because i thought of it after i had already left. So i didnt race him in light of what i've already done recently i didnt figure it was worth gettin my car imounded to beat a 14sec mustang even with 5 people peer pressuring me.

Cliff notes: kid thinks and was sold on the point that stock 06 Mustang GT's run 12's, daddies car, blatently stupid

-puts on flame suit, waits for OneJoeZee to ruin me

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
i just don't see 300hp at the motor putting a new gt in the 12's now if it was a gt500 or somthing maybe but not a gt i think the gt's run like 13.5 or somthing with a good driver

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
themadhatter said:
i just don't see 300hp at the motor putting a new gt in the 12's now if it was a gt500 or somthing maybe but not a gt i think the gt's run like 13.5 or somthing with a good driver

yeah man no way. its auto too. 300 at the crank in a 5spd off the floor. his is driven hard, auto. lucky if hes got 250 to the ground.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
buckshotglass said:
What's up bud?
One joeZ is like a kitten. No worries there. :)

My main thought is, Cliff Notes should be at the top. Why read everything, and then get to the short version?

My .07

hahahah true. oh well.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Best time I've seen on the 5 speed GT was 13.9 and that was bone stock with a good driver and good tires, not slicks but good street tires. It's an auto and if it's abused etc it probably runs mid to low 14's on a good day. I've raced the auto GT's and they lose pretty easily, the 5 speeds do much better but still aren't Supra Killers, unless you have a bone stock 7M Supra.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
i have known people that subtract a couple tenths from there overall times, (i have done it once....:naughty: ) but a second or more. that sounds like a something a 16yr old would say.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
street racing is dumb.... it doesnt prove anything really. well it can...but... its dumb.

one, you should not do it because you could kill somebody or yourself much eaiser than at a racetrack, unless its an open highway or something where there are no people... but still there isnt anyone to call for help if the people in the car get hurt

two, peer pressure is gay, anybody can yell "do it!" when their life and car worth several thousand and drivers license and dignity/trust of parents whathave you is on the line

three, someone stupid and lame enough to talk smack is not worth proving yourself too. chances are they're just going to sluff it off with more stupidity and either say they won or not care.

four, if you wear your car out on the street you wont be as good on the track where you can prove it with a timeslip.

i'm rambling. sorry. i had a bad day and i'm trying to get my mind off junk. lol...