how can i shift gears better?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BoostMonger;1959678 said:
Supras are slow, I've been told this before by people with stock WRXs so they must know.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I've never been close enough to a WRX to hear what he's had to say, cause he was so far away.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
hey look its a tree!!

home_tree.png

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Grandavi;1959135 said:
Get used to those shifting ranges. Everything gets done smoothly... shift smooth, clutch play is smooth, gas is smooth.

The transmission is synchronized. The shaft speeds are the same because they ride the same shaft. Not driving like that is because of safety concerns and wasting your money via fuel costs.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reading it in the quote like that, It wasn't exactly what I meant to say.. lol. To shift those shift ranges is to drive it like its stolen. And now that I think of it, I can't remember when I shift, but normally its between the 3500 - 4500 RPM range I believe. Shifting at redline all the time "ice-cream coned" my pistons on my Corolla. When I rebuilt the engine, the piston head was larger than the skirts (like an ice cream cone) due to over revving. I doubt the 7M or JZ would do that because the pistons are heavier, but it would still have the same effect of killing the engine faster than normal driving. Plus.. my Corolla top speed was only 92 MPH...

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i apologize if someone posted this already, i didn't feel like reading all 47 posts.

"how can you shift faster?" you say............. buy an automatic.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
gsxr141;1960479 said:
i apologize if someone posted this already, i didn't feel like reading all 47 posts.

Thats probably the best response, take the human element out of it

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
gsxr141;1960479 said:

The planetary gearset is superior to the manual. You can not outshift nor outlaunch an automatic that was built for both.