How best to reach front side markers? (92T)

Sullivan

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego
I finally burned out one of these bulbs. (19, nearly 20 years... can't complain about the bulb life.)

What's the best way to reach the back of the durn thing to replace it? Remove the front wheel and then some of the wheel well shroud, or... ?

(yes, I searched!)

Also... has anyone tried an LED replacement that's really as bright and wide-angle as the original bulbs?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
You might have to remove the wheel depending on how big your wheels are. might just be able to get away with turin the wheel to one side and maybe jack the car up if your car is lowered. remove the bolts for the shroud and push aside and reach up and replace. Piece of cake!

as for the led replacements, idk. i've been thinking about it so it's a brighter once i finish shading my turn signals.

Sullivan

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego
Thanks! That looked like the obvious way, but you know how "obvious" things can turn out...

I checked out your 91 build thread. Awesome! The one thing I miss from my MkII Supra is the sunroof.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Um no just push or pull the sidemarker towards the rear of the car and pull out. It really easy no need to remove the wheel or trim.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Sullivan;1783662 said:
Thanks! That looked like the obvious way, but you know how "obvious" things can turn out...

I checked out your 91 build thread. Awesome! The one thing I miss from my MkII Supra is the sunroof.

Thank you Sir!! All tucked away for the winter :( Just need to save up some money for a good tune. Yea I love the big moonroof! get the best of both worlds!

Sullivan

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego
supra1008;1783756 said:
Oh yea! do this! I forgot you could do that!
Just like the trim plates around the door lock levers! Nice!

I just hope there are not metal clips that will be loosened and fall down inside the front fender area (as there are on the door lock trims... :| )

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Sullivan;1783769 said:
Just like the trim plates around the door lock levers! Nice!

I just hope there are not metal clips that will be loosened and fall down inside the front fender area (as there are on the door lock trims... :| )

na, they plastic not metal. just push it forward. i guess gently stick a flat head or one of those door panel tools in there and pop it out.