How about Jacksonville peeps?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Whats up guys ! Sorry I haven't been online for abit but, i've been bust working 50+ hours a week with a full-time job and a part time job. Taxes will be here any day and i've been eyeing something great. If you guys wanna meet up when it gets wramer let me know.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
am still around, i have not heard from any one in a long time. my car well my moulding and bumpers are being painted this week the car will be getting painted in the next 2 weeks, then it's going to be maybe a next week for it to get buffed then it's going to take me a week maybe more to get it all put back together. all the glass/window mouldings are being replaced the quarter window is comming out before paint. just one step closer.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
ians13;1522779 said:
am still around, i have not heard from any one in a long time. my car well my moulding and bumpers are being painted this week the car will be getting painted in the next 2 weeks, then it's going to be maybe a next week for it to get buffed then it's going to take me a week maybe more to get it all put back together. all the glass/window mouldings are being replaced the quarter window is comming out before paint. just one step closer.
I'm supra jealous of your car.....can you help me out with body work in a few months?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Well boys i hate to say it, but i'm moving........moving to georgia to open my own shop. I had some good luck with a friend of the family and he wants me to open a shop in pelham, ga and run it for him. I will be leaving the middle of april or so, and my wife and kids will be up after school is out in june. Just wanted to drop a line and let everybody know. I'm still going to be around on the forum and i'm a phone call away. If you wanna place to stay and not do ANYTHING at all, then pelham is the place to be, especially on vacation. I'll still be needing parts and advise.

wrenchman58

Nov 22, 2009
Florida
U joints are bad and cannot be replaced as you would with a regular drive shaft because they were non replaceable from the factory. The u joints are 'staked' in place not retained with a clip or bolts, my understanding is that if you needed u joints Toyota would sell you a whole new drive shaft, I have not looked into getting a new one from Toyota but suspect it would be way too expensive if it was even obtainable, I have read of people installing one piece drive shafts but either the engine/trans or rear end has to be removed. I see you are selling some MK III parts, do you have a n/a drive shaft that might be able to be modded? Thanks

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
wrenchman58;1534719 said:
U joints are bad and cannot be replaced as you would with a regular drive shaft because they were non replaceable from the factory. The u joints are 'staked' in place not retained with a clip or bolts, my understanding is that if you needed u joints Toyota would sell you a whole new drive shaft, I have not looked into getting a new one from Toyota but suspect it would be way too expensive if it was even obtainable, I have read of people installing one piece drive shafts but either the engine/trans or rear end has to be removed. I see you are selling some MK III parts, do you have a n/a drive shaft that might be able to be modded? Thanks

Drive Line on the north side may be able to help you.
Drive Line Service of Jacksonville
200 Lane Avenue North Jacksonville, Florida 32254
Phone: (904) 783-4490

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

87nasupra;1530300 said:
Well boys i hate to say it, but i'm moving........moving to georgia to open my own shop. I had some good luck with a friend of the family and he wants me to open a shop in pelham, ga and run it for him. I will be leaving the middle of april or so, and my wife and kids will be up after school is out in june. Just wanted to drop a line and let everybody know. I'm still going to be around on the forum and i'm a phone call away. If you wanna place to stay and not do ANYTHING at all, then pelham is the place to be, especially on vacation. I'll still be needing parts and advise.

good luck bro i hope it all works out good for you.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

i got my trims and such back from the painter, and the picture does no justice these things look great,
the car is at the painters and should be done in 2 weeks or so.
Antwan%202k10%20034.JPG

Antwan%202k10%20035.JPG

Antwan%202k10%20036.JPG

Antwan%202k10%20037.JPG

Antwan%202k10%20038.JPG

wrenchman58

Nov 22, 2009
Florida
Thanks for info for Drive Line Service , I hope to get started doing something about drive line this week or next, I have also had Florida Power Train recommended to me so have two options. Thanks.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
wrenchman58;1536135 said:
Thanks for info for Drive Line Service , I hope to get started doing something about drive line this week or next, I have also had Florida Power Train recommended to me so have two options. Thanks.

no problem and welcome to the thread,

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

good news on the car, my brother got 2 more, a turbo 89 the body is rust free and flawless, real nice car. and a 87 non turbo that needs some TLC, were going to fix it up and sell it. both 5spd

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
87nasupra;1536999 said:
Tell him I would take it as is with the BHG. Let me know how much and can you snap a few pictures?

He paid 1600 for it, that's why the plan is to fix it. He got it for a project car we were going to do a 1j but then the nice 89 popped up so the 1j project got scraped. So in order to make back the money he spent the plan was to throw some more money at it, to make back the money spent crazy logic but I’ll see if he's willing to just cut it lose

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

drerok;1537149 said:
Man, I havent been on here in forever! Well I still have my '87 Turbo painted gold, different wheels, time for a repaint soon and some body work...
Does anyone have an extra front nose panel they can sell me??

Wad up, post up some pic's of the new wheels man you car was hot with the old wheels before the incident.