Hot start issue?

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
I have an 88t that I am working on and it doesn't want to start if the vehicle is already at operating temp. (If you go into a store and then come right back out or something like that.) The problem is that I am not getting any spark, once the car cools down over night it will start up and run great. I have no codes and I have changed the igniter and I have check all of the connections in the ignition system. I am just not sure where to go next. Any info would be great!!

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
lol this is the same problem me and ret are trying to fix on his supra so far we diconectted the alarm put on a new starter and i think he put a new igniton switch and still no luck is yours an auto ?

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
It is a 5 spd. I have had this situation happen to me on my personal 89 na-t and it turned out to be the coolant temp switch, I found that out by jumping the coolant temp. connector maybe try that with you car.

Last edited:

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
Problem solved!! It was the coil pack. I didn't try those in the first place because everytime I have just about everytime I have seen a hot start/ no spark issue it was related to the Igniter. I guess you live and you learn!!

suprasnd

Jul 14, 2007
Flinton, PA
TRACKMKIII said:
Problem solved!! It was the coil pack. I didn't try those in the first place because everytime I have just about everytime I have seen a hot start/ no spark issue it was related to the Igniter. I guess you live and you learn!!

Had a similar problem. My was the CPS wiring. Wiggled it and car would start. Another strange problem for the Supras. LOL