Hot college girls working on pre '93 supras wearing bikinis.

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
IMG_1735..jpg
Now that I have your attention,I thought that I'd post a little bit about my mk3 and myself.

Where I live on the east coast of Canada, there aren't many MK3's.

Sorry, I should say that there aren't many MK3's that still run, haven't been eaten by our salty, wet, cold snowy ice laden winters that tend to last more than half the year, and turn even the best of cars into rotted rusted corpses lying in the woods behind someone's house out in the boonies.

winter_driving_016.jpg

i've only ever seen a few working mk3's out here that WEREN'T on life support being driven by middle aged women with bleached white hair listening to white snake.

So when I found a 1990 targa manual with 75k and a full engine rebuild 4.5k ago, I blew my savings on it. It had an odd history from what the seller told me. the previous owner was a pretty wealthy dude who bought the car new from the Toronto area dealership back in 1994. He drove it for a bit and then put it into storage for the next 8 years, occasionally taking it out, driving it, and throwing money at it to increase horsepower. the car was sold when the original owner (get this) became too overweight to get in and out of it comfortably due to his death star-like size and the full welded cage he had paid to put in. the guy i bought it from then purchased it, drove it to Nova Scotia and then set it up for 1/4 mile. Someone had the foresight to attach almost every piece of trim and interior with expanding spray insulation foam and black gasket goop. under cornering and acceleration the car had more body roll than the dude who first bought it.

The wiring for the turbo timer, head unit, boost controller and gauge assembly was a bizarre rats nest abortion that looked like something Doc Brown would make after huffing paint.
IMG_1465..jpg
Doc-Brown.jpg

I'm convinced that this car is possessed by the evil spirit of a former Toyota engineer. It runs rich on type O blood, the complicated double wishbone suspension is made from human femurs, and the head gasket is held together by the broken dreams of a thousand BHG stricken mk3 enthusiasts. It's turn radius is just a little bit wider than that of the WW2 aircraft carrier USS Saratoga.
IMG_1837..JPGIMG_1833..JPG

The MK3 has it's general faults, and mine seems to be birthed sideways out of hells back door at times, but regardless, I fell in love with it, and have been thankful for finding it ever since.
IMG_1438..JPG

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
padraigmk3;1632670 said:
Now that I have your attention,I thought that I'd post a little bit about my mk3 and myself.

Where I live on the east coast of Canada, there aren't many MK3's.

Sorry, I should say that there aren't many MK3's that still run, haven't been eaten by our salty, wet, cold snowy ice laden winters that tend to last more than half the year, and turn even the best of cars into rotted rusted corpses lying in the woods behind someone's house out in the boonies.

winter_driving_016.jpg

i've only ever seen two working mk3's out here that WEREN'T on life support being driven by middle aged women with bleached white hair listening to white snake.
So when I found a 1990 targa manual with 75k and a full engine rebuild 4.5k ago, I blew my savings on it. It had an odd history from what the seller told me. the previous owner was a pretty wealthy dude who bought the car new from the Toronto area dealership back in 1994. He drove it for a bit and then put it into storage for the next 8 years, occasionally taking it out, driving it, and throwing money at it to increase horsepower. the car was sold when the original owner (get this) became too overweight to get in and out of it comfortably due to his death star-like size and the full welded cage he had paid to put in. the guy i bought it from then purchased it, drove it to Nova Scotia and then set it up for 1/4 mile. He also had the foresight to attach almost every piece of trim and interior with expanding spray insulation foam and black gasket goop. under cornering and acceleration the car had more body roll than the dude who first bought it.

You wouldn't see any car like that Tercel here because they would be taken off the road. aka not allowed.

Damn rust buckets!! WOW lol

Pics of the bay now. :) (of the Supra of course) lol

Duane

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
IMG_1855..jpg

Sorry about the bogus photo quality. Since it's demonic it gains +10 BHP after dark :evil5:

Engine bay:
IMG_1838..jpg
I think that skull used to belong to Genghis Khan.
I'll take a better picture of the ACTUAL bay in DAYLIGHT soon

Good luck adjusting the dampening rate. You're not getting past this guy:
IMG_1750..JPG

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
So here's the car as it stands right now, rolled the front fenders last night. Didn't flare them, only needed clearance for the very edge of the tread. Here's the cliffs notes of performance mods so far:
greddy:
-exhaust 4", TDO46H 20 g turbo kit, RC 550 injectors, turbo timer, Spec B boost controller

everything else:
-JE pistons, ceramic HG, AEM adj. cam gears, AEM fuel regulator, Oberg remote oil filter & cooler with AUX fan, 225 holley fuel pump, centerforce clutch, HKS bov, Lexus AFM & RCTS computer

photo 1-2..jpgphoto 1-1..jpgphoto 2-2..jpgphoto 2-1..jpgphoto 3-2..jpg

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
photo 2..jpgphoto 5..jpg

ask92;1632769 said:
Nice lookin car though! What are your plans for her?
I have a feeling people might think what i want to do is a bit sacrilegious, but i see it's future containing a 2j swap, 240Z fender flares, front splitter, dual side pipe exhaust, 2" hubcentric spacers, low offset wheels, modified steering knuckles/rack, matte black and then once the fenders and bodywork is done gloss black...
most of this is down the road (especially the 2j swap) and subject to change, and will absolutely turn some people off of the car, but i feel like i have the commitment to do everything correctly, and to do it myself.

really, what I'm aiming for is if satan had built the mk3 :icon_bigg

interior photos to come (sorry for quality, my iphone is the only camera i have at the moment)

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Wow, quite entertaining! I want to see where this goes!

Does the car have the infamous "666" anywhere? A local guy here has a Black 87 Turbo Targa car with "666" right on the radiator support!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
padraigmk3;1633932 said:
So here's the car as it stands right now, rolled the front fenders last night. Didn't flare them, only needed clearance for the very edge of the tread. Here's the cliffs notes of performance mods so far:
greddy:
-exhaust 4", TDO46H 20 g turbo kit,

TD06H 20G is what you have. ;) And, why a 4" since it isn't required for that lil turbo.

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
upgradedsupra;1634118 said:
TD06H 20G is what you have. ;) And, why a 4" since it isn't required for that lil turbo.

Woops! thanks for pointing that out, the 4 in td046h was a typo. Both were bought by the previous owner so i'm not sure what his future plans for the car were. Maybe he was going to tack weld a 67mm on there and pour jet fuel into the windshield wiper reservoir to make a flame thrower. Who knows.

I know that's what I would have done!