Hot/Cold issue

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
This is a 2JZGTE with a T60-1 and USDM 550s hooked up to a 7M resistor pack. It is also living in a 91 toyota cressida, which very similar to the MK3 supra.

I try and crank it (sounds like it is only catching a few cylinders) but it takes some tries. I've got to peg the gas so when it finally catches those coupla cylinders it holds them. It sounds horrible then levels out and I can let off the gas. It'll idle, rev, and everything fine. I think when it's running it'll kinda skip or some thing but it all good overall. BUT!!! once I cut it off and try to crank it again nothing. Nothing until the battery is dead as fukk. Once it's cool enough with many attempts I can get it started again. It's like a point A to A car.

I've tried replacing the crank sensor already, which did not change anything. I am thinking it's something mechanically worn just enough to be really freakin annoying or some electrical crap. I am planning on switching out the 550s for the some aristo 440s. After that, I guess find an ohms meter and get tedious.

Here's some pics if you were just curious...

p1174889_1.jpg

p1174889_2.jpg

p1174889_3.jpg

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
it's been a long time. Ijust remembered that I pulled O2 and map sensor codes before I sent it off to the fukerz, who come to think about it never ever decided to pull codes ...great shop right?

Well if any of you have spares let me know. I'd like them asap. Jacupsladder at gmail. Com

Thanks.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
check your intake temp sensor and the big green sensor on the waterneck (efi sensor) i broke it and my car would crank and crank and crank and after about 5 minutes it would start was a pain in the butt.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Maybe too lean? You're not using the 10v side of the fuel pump right? I see the fuel pump resistor mounted to the engine bay there. Measure pump voltage. Also pinch the return line shut with vice grips. If this helps start looking at other things that control fuel. Coolant temp sensor mainly.

Remember engines need quite a bit of fuel to start up. Much more than idle/rev.

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
aye Mark, it had nothing to do with wiring cuz you're the freakin man. It ended up being the injectors. I put a newly purchased set of 440s in and bypassed teh resistor pack. Runs perfect now. Starts every time.

I thought that I had switched out to the right injectors but I guess not. It's happy. I'm happy. My family will be happy that I can make it for thanksgiving now.

Thanks people for droppin input. Laters.