Hose question

ben1984j

Jan 18, 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
Hey guys,
I just finished putting my car back together after a headgasket job (haven't started it yet), and I have just this one part left over. I must have forgotten to label it when I was taking stuff off, and I've looked through all the EPC's and can't seem to find where it goes. So far I have checked and ruled out:

1. Turbo to wastegate actuator
2. Power steering idle up
3. Throttle body coolant line
4. Everything under the intake seems to be in place

The hose is 7/16" OD and 5/16" ID. If anyone can recall where this might go, or point me to a diagram I might have missed, it would be greatly appreciated. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 22

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Do realize that there are 3 coolant lines under the intake, head-IACV, IACV-TB, TB-heater pipe. Is the cooling system filled yet? You might have bypassed the IACV coolant passage and hooked both lines up to the TB instead. Could also be a charcoal canister line too. That's all I can think of off hand that uses 8mm (5/16") pipe.

ben1984j

Jan 18, 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
toyotanos;1509335 said:
Do realize that there are 3 coolant lines under the intake, head-IACV, IACV-TB, TB-heater pipe. Is the cooling system filled yet? You might have bypassed the IACV coolant passage and hooked both lines up to the TB instead. Could also be a charcoal canister line too. That's all I can think of off hand that uses 8mm (5/16") pipe.

Yeah, after looking around some more with no success, I decided to slowly fill it with coolant to narrow things down. Sure enough there were a couple of open ports right under the intake manifold, so I think it was the first of the three you mentioned. Thanks!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Good to hear you got it figured out. I almost did that when I was filling my coolant up, then I hear this trickle and found (probably the same) hose not on.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Looks like the vac line that goes from the intake vacuum bracket to the hardline running across the front of the motor for the power steering idle up