Horse POWER!

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
im buying this car and i would like to know how much bhp would it have roughly.

HKS 1.2mm head gasket, ARP head studs, upper and lower intercooler pipings (stock intercooler), Greddy Type R BOV, Upgraded CT-26 60-1 from Majestic, 3" downpipe w/ 3" Y electronic cut out (stock exhaust), Cooleeze radiator pipe & intake pipe, Blitz air filter, 8mm magnecor wires, 550cc RC injectors, Lexus AFM, 255 Walboro fuel pump, Competition Clutch Stage 4 6puck sprung installed by 935motorsports, painted valve covers (purple/gold).

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
oh dang i put it on the wrong subject, excuse the noob.
this is for a 7mgte :p

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

whitemike;1598367 said:
At least 100000000 HP to the front wheels.

starting to makes sense now.. hmm
THAT ADDS UP!

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Interior & electronics: CD player with ipod connector, pillar bar, Apexi SAFC, HKS turbo timer, HKS EVC, Pivot boost gauge, AEM wideband, electronic cut out switch, white wooden steering wheel by Works Aero in zilvia.net (with HKD hub), white TRD shift knob, Broadway rear view mirror, Billy the train on the pillar bar (I'll probably take it off unless your name happens to be Billy also lol), custom toon town floor mats.
The dashboard has no cracks. There is a hole on the driver side carpet, that's the only thing I would replace and new floor mats if it fits around the cage.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
Ohhh 7mgte that means there are stripes on the valve covers.. Is it gold with purple stripes or purple with gold stripes? Because it will make a difference in light absorbsion whch will change the horse power dramatically.

Really you didn't answer my first question.
If you don't want help just take it to a dyno

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
Kevin;1598414 said:
Ohhh 7mgte that means there are stripes on the valve covers.. Is it gold with purple stripes or purple with gold stripes? Because it will make a difference in light absorbsion whch will change the horse power dramatically.

Really you didn't answer my first question.
If you don't want help just take it to a dyno

this is what i know. you gotta see this car, its gorgeous

pillar bar, Apexi SAFC, HKS turbo timer, HKS EVC, Pivot boost gauge, AEM wideband, electronic cut out switch,

im spending 6k on this beast, i wanna know what im getting.
ima baby this car like no other!!!!!!
1992 Toyota Supra
37773_1494370435912_1133606449_31457191_2164386_n.jpg

39062_1494370555915_1133606449_31457192_3649773_n.jpg

p1598449_1.jpg

p1598449_2.jpg

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I say 250, as it sits. Have you inspected the turbo? I dont know anyone that would upgrade turbo and pipes but not ic? kinda pointless. are you sure its a lex afm? did you verify it? how do you know it has the 1.2 mm gasket? (which is smaller than stock compressed which means your compression id slightly higher) Without doing it yourself you really have no idea whats in this car. other than what you can see, gauges, i c pipes and such.
How much is he selling it for and why selling it?

Will say its a nice looking car. But hard to tell if what is said to be done is done you know.

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
he lives about 2 and a half miles away from me. i have no idea why he would upgrade the pipes but not the ic too, found that weird lol. im not sure how to check if its a lex afm but im looking it up right now, i might just have to remove the air filter and find out that way. but everything you said about the hg was very interesting cuz i didnt know any of that.
he's selling me the car for 6k and he said he doesnt work at the moment, i guess he need mulla. ( dont we all)

i understand 100% of what you said. thank you so much

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
ehletitrain;1598462 said:
he lives about 2 and a half miles away from me. i have no idea why he would upgrade the pipes but not the ic too,

Because he read incorrectly that he didn't need to change the intercooler. That comes from the old piping that leaks and expands. Newer pipes do a world of good. But a new stock intercooler is not good in comparison to the aftermarket units.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Just do to the local dyno, give them a couple $$ and see what it put down at the wheels ;). Guessing is like asking what sex feels like, every one says something different, but none are correct unless you experience for your self.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I would rec test driving the car prior to buying it. Ask the guy if he trusts his engine and either you or him get on the car and DRIVE it. If he says no then there might be a reason for that. I know with an MHG, and head studs, if you have them, and if done properly that engine will last.

Afm you can see a physical size difference when compared to sock, measure the backside of it think it like 3" almost? Also on the turbo iirc the "60-1" has 7 fins, 57trim 6 fins and stock has 5 fins, someone correct me if i am wrong thanks.

I would try and haggle the price a bit if possible, or see if he will drive it like he stole it to test the strength and condition of the engine.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Unless he has good documentation of it's tuning, and something where things haven't been changed after I would take it to the local shop you trust and get it tuned and dyno'd

It wouldn't cost a lot to get those done, that car does look very nice and the price seems good as well.

Verify as much as you can. Get paperwork on anything he has. Once you take it to the shop and get it tuned and put it on the dyno you'll know where you stand and where to go from there. Even if you don't you can get better advice or you can research better based up what you know about the car. Do have the shop look it over before they run it on the dyno. Most shops look the cars over good but sometimes seeing work has been done they assume things and skip things.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
You have dozens of hours of reading to do if you want to keep that car in good shape mechanically.

There are a TON of mods on that and if you don't know all the basics and a bunch of the advanced knowledge required to know how your car works you won't own a running mk3 for long, plain and simple. This is right place to come for help and knowledge, but you're going to need to put in a lot of reading and researching.

Just my 0.02