Hornaday Z-Max

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
So many questions. Whats so special about it? They say not to shoot Vegetables, will they have a special bullet for those too? Will these ship in radiation proof containers to guarantee they work after the fall out? Can I get them in Camo?

Congrats on the new forum! I like the idea, as I felt the old tread was to easy to derail.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Hornady makes excellent ammo. One of their's I don't use is the V-Max. They are slightly undersized from standard in the 6.8 spc and as such are inconsistent. But it fragments very well in all other uses. I use their OTM loaded by WC.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Looking at the website, it appears as if they might be another kind of "filled" hollowpoint like the critical defense line. However, it's hard to actually see from the pics they have. I'm not sure what the specific advantage would be over the leverevolution and CD ammo. Mike, have you seen these in person?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
CPT Furious;1767991 said:
Mike, have you seen these in person?

Not yet. However, there's nothing "new" about these other than the packaging and the color.

My friends over at Hornady tell me it's the standard A-Max bullet with a green ballistic tip instead of the standard Hornady red sold in a special box.

It's just marketing. However they are hilarious and I'll have to add at least one box to the collection.

Hornady makes some great ammo, this will be the same standard, just with a great package.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
my plan for zombies :D, since canada wont let me have a gun (legally) though i would like a empy box just for the hell of it
Zombie-treadmil-defense.jpg

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
bioskyline;1768052 said:
my plan for zombies :D, since canada wont let me have a gun (legally) though i would like a empy box just for the hell of it
Zombie-treadmil-defense.jpg

Time to bust out the compound crossbow and compound bow I think then.

I'll never understand how a 16 year old can buy a comp-bow or cross-bow. It seems they seem to miss the whole...totally silent but still just as deadly....oh my is that an arrow that just went right through me....part.

But ya, guns is obviously good too! :)