Hooking up an AFPR

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Can anyone help me with an "idiots guide to AFPR installation"? I bought a used one but didn't get any install directions with it. It obviously isn't rocket science but I seem to be having problems. Apparently you can discard the FPD with this unit, but some install directions would be a great help. Thanks to anyone who can help. Also you set the pressure with the vacuum line disconnected, yes?

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I kept the FPD in place but I drilled out the banjo fitting to allow more flow you are controlling fuel pressure so you are actually slowing the return of fuel back to the tank so you hook it up in the return of the fuel rail
1. the metal line with all the banjo fittings is the feed line leave that hooked up like stock and drill out the banjo fitting,
2.on the other end of the fuel rail hook is another banjo fitting hook up your AFPR feed line to it
3.and hook the other end of your AFPR to the return line
some AFPRs come with dual feeds plug one.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I just bought a used Aeromotive 13109. It has four ports and a gauge outlet. Supposedly the two side ones are inlet/outlet, the back one is bypass and the bottom one is return. It came with a feed line and a line that was supposed to bypass the fpd. Just no installation instructions. I pulled the stock fpr and fpd and went fuel supply into regulator and from the fpd side of the rail to the bottom port on the regulator. (return). Had 40 lbs. pressure on the gauge, but it would'nt start. Obviously thats wrong. Thanks Lintlars I guess I'll try to hook it up with the fpd on.

Last edited:

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
p674611_1.jpg

p674611_2.jpg

p674611_3.jpg

p674611_4.jpg

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
what company did you guys get the fitting in the fuelrail where the original fpr was??(the blue adapter in the 1st picture)
i measured it, it would be a metric m12x1.25.
but in earl's and even russel, there seems to be no such fitting.only m12x1.5

EDIT... found it. earl's #991945erl

Last edited: