hood struts

undrpress

Oct 29, 2012
gresham ,oregon
didnt spend alot of time looking but, was wondering does anyone happen to have information regarding brand/part # for gas struts for the hood (weaker ones) on a mk3 using a composite hood. Want to use a factory type strut/latch set up not hood pins. I do realize I may end up having to use a prop rod set up for the hood. but would prefer to keep the install cleaner (more factory like) any information would be awesome thanks patric.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I've always wondered if a pair of worn out stock hood struts would work for guys with lighter hoods. You just have to be careful because they still might have enough umph in them to bow your hood while it's closed. I have a pair that wouldn't support my stock hood. Maybe they'd work for you. If you're interested PM me.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Suprapowaz!(2);2040776 said:
I've always wondered if a pair of worn out stock hood struts would work for guys with lighter hoods. You just have to be careful because they still might have enough umph in them to bow your hood while it's closed. I have a pair that wouldn't support my stock hood. Maybe they'd work for you. If you're interested PM me.

This is what I was going to suggest. I think I've seen people do this before for carbon fiber hoods.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Can take some blown ones. Drill a hole in the piston and put a pin through it so I cannot lower.