Hood Sensor Question

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
My alarm has been giving me problems for a while. It goes off when I open the door, and I checked the sensors in the door and they looked intact as far as I know. I read the tutorial on how to remove the stock alarm system, which is what I planned on doing.
I'm assuming the item pictured is the hood sensor, but it appears to have broken off? I couldn't find where it was supposed to be hooked up at, but as far as I know it's been like this since I bought the car in 03 (Only been having alarm issues for less than a year now). And just to confirm that I need to connect the two wires that run to this plug, correct?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

wh0wants2know

Apr 4, 2005
seattle
that's the hood sensor. I have an aftermarket alarm wired into it. The thing that you're looking at is the plug for the sensor; the actual switch is underneath the black plastic piece. It's impossible to tell if the plug is damaged from that picture but there should be a wire hooked into it. See if you have an extra plug hanging down around the intercooler

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
theres a fuse you can pull that stops the alarm from going off.. but then you wont have a cdplayer or a domelight =)

i did that for a while untill i removed factory alarm.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
wh0wants2know;1168392 said:
that's the hood sensor. I have an aftermarket alarm wired into it. The thing that you're looking at is the plug for the sensor; the actual switch is underneath the black plastic piece. It's impossible to tell if the plug is damaged from that picture but there should be a wire hooked into it. See if you have an extra plug hanging down around the intercooler

I took off the plastic cover, and looked for any stray wires with plugs hanging around and there is nothing. I looked, and the only wires (besides the 2 short ones connected to the plug in the picture) are the ones that run to the horns. If I'm not mistaken, the piece of wire with plug I have is attached to the sensor, and I'm missing the wiring harness that runs to it? I'd snap some pics, but the light is fading. Does anyone have a pic handy of what mine should look like?

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
Here are better pics. I moved the black cover for a better view. The wire in the last picture is the only wiring that goes to my hood latch area, and it's for the horns (which I unplugged so they'd stop going off). Can anyone post a picture of what it should look like, or which two wires I need to splice together?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
It sounds like your switch on the door lock cylinder, it doesn't matter if looks intact.....you gotta check continuity. Alarm goes off because it doesn't know you used the key. Try unlocking from passenger side and see if it stops doing it.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
See that hole to the right of the bolt? The harness for the hood switch is supposed to come out there. The wires may have fallen down behind. Not that it has anything to do with your problem. For that you need to read post # 9 again...