Honda's turbo'd engine

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I dont know if anyone has ever seen the technical side of honda's new turbo on the Acura RDX. Go to http://www.acura.com/ and click on RDX, then the bottom right that says "240hp 2.3L 4cyl i-VTEC turbo engine" then click the 'watch video' caption under the picture.

Its a cool idea imo. My friend who is a honda tech pointed it out to me. It just seems that Honda likes adding valves to thing to make them better.. :icon_conf

Discuss.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Interesting, I woud like to drive one with the system and one without it and see if you can actually feel the difference.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
'The first turbo motor to be used on an acura' hahahah, what bs. the HP kicks in at 6k and the tq at 4.5k, with the redline at 6.8k. doesnt seem like a bad idea but the actual suv looks like ass. seems like they are trying to take over subarus corner of the market.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I'd think the size of the wheel would have more effect on the lag than the speed of the exhaust air. There is less air at lower rpm, closing that valve only speeds up that same amount of air spinning the wheel. They're most likely going to be using a rather small turbo anyway, I don't think you'd really notice a big difference in lag.

I also like the advertisement for Mobil 1 oil in the video haha.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Also the hp to trq rating on this engine is an accomplishment for Honda. I never really thought id see a 4cyl Honda with that much torque. :aigo:

I just found a link that says it pushes 13.5 max psi

Last edited: