Honda beats 400hp supra?smells like bs

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
http://youtu.be/qhzyBSQmb_c
Ive watched this video a couple times and somthing dosnt seem right.I just dont imagine any na honda beating a 400hp supra.It seems to me that if the supra was making 400hp you would at least hear the turbo or somthing.Sure the honda may get a jump on you but the supra should kill that thing in the long run.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Stripped interior K20 hatch that was built by a tuner shop is probably around 300ish fwhp.

I take that back. Looks like a stock supra, watch it from :48 to 1:08 they go from a roll to 120. 20 seconds? lol? My 57 trim at 8 psi could do 20-120 in 20ish seconds.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, do I need to remind you guys what the Honduhhs did to all but a couple of the Supra guys at SILV 2010? It can happen, and Supra drivers aren't always known as being the best at extracting the potential of their cars...

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Don't see what the problem is with the honda winning? You have a Heavy pig with 400whp on stock twins vs Basically a shell with wheels and a K20 engine..?

The supra was catching up at the end though..:)

Also keep in mind it ways 203whp UNTUNED! It's built, so it should be putting out more power than that ....

[video=youtube;x_MNSCSYowc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_MNSCSYowc[/video]

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
jdmfreak;1815722 said:
Lol ok maybe if the "2jzgte" supra had bad clutch, no wastegate, and was missing 2 plug wires:)

Sent from my C771

jz's unless N/A don't have spark plug wires... maybe i looked to hard into this joke. lol

either way i see what everyone is saying but for it to have 400 "RWHP" not a crank, the supra should have caught up or atleast started catching up noticeably. either the video is fake and it didn't have 400 hp or it was someone who doesn't know how to drive?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Not hard to believe. It's called power to weight ratio which is in favor of the little hatch. I find it funny that you guys are getting butt hurt about the Honda winning. Sure the MKIV was catching up... about a half mile after the race. Hatch was in top of 5th. That race was over long ago.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
i know weight to power ratio plays the main factor here but i figure the supra would start catching up, only in the last race do you see that happen... the passenger in the supra had a camera too wish we could see that video jsut to see how hard he was actually running his car but i'm sure since he lost THAT bad he wouldn't post it. (just so everyone is clear i'm not amazed it was beat, but hard to believe it was that bad)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
87supraguy;1815806 said:
i know weight to power ratio plays the main factor here but i figure the supra would start catching up, only in the last race do you see that happen... the passenger in the supra had a camera too wish we could see that video jsut to see how hard he was actually running his car but i'm sure since he lost THAT bad he wouldn't post it. (just so everyone is clear i'm not amazed it was beat, but hard to believe it was that bad)

X2

Sent from my C771

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
ForcedTorque;1815878 said:
When it was all over.....that winner had to go home with his stripped out Honda!

Still winning races though.

I'm sure that once the hatch pulled that far away on just two gears that the MKIV driver probably gave up. It was only the last race where he stuck it out and tried to gain ground. I suspect we'll never see the in car footage of the MKIV. What about the race against the firebird. He let him win too?

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
I can forsee the supra losing but not by that much just seem's phony.Maybe if the the supra was completely stock.I get the power too weight ratio thing i run a 3rd gen celica with a built 7mgte running 14lbs of boost killing car's that think they own the road.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'm betting the boost controller was off... 400HP will light up the tires pretty easily at those speeds.

The Honda was definately quick, but a stripped interior kills it (as well as the terrible sound it makes)