Homemade "6mge" with ITB!

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey all!
Now the weekend is over for me......so here is some new pic of what i have used my time on!
Sorry for the bad quality on the pic!
The rims are AZEV 7½x17.....They will be painted black as the car....what you see is just an attempt to se how it will look like :)!

I have been working more than 25 hours this weekend on my project...so now i need some sleep :)!
Enjoy

Apr 13, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Jens Lyn said:
Hey!
No it wont fit on a 7m head!
It is designed for the 5m head ....aint the same intake and so on!

But in very short time i begin to build a 7m head with the bmw itb!
Just have to finish this project first! :)
Have to go again....i am bussy with building !

Cool.. will you post a write up/how to please!!??

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
sorry for the dumb question, but what's ITB stand for? and what's the difference between that and a standard intake mani?

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
thechori said:
sorry for the dumb question, but what's ITB stand for? and what's the difference between that and a standard intake mani?
ITB = Individual throttle bodies meaning it has 6 throttle bodies compared to one as standard.

It doesn't do a whole heap for peak power, its better but not a huge difference, what it does do though is give phenomanal throttle response:biglaugh:.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
7MA61 said:
ITB = Individual throttle bodies meaning it has 6 throttle bodies compared to one as standard.

It doesn't do a whole heap for peak power, its better but not a huge difference, what it does do though is give phenomanal throttle response:biglaugh:.
and the sickest sound youve ever heard in your LIFEZ :naughty: great work that pic makes me wanna build my n/a too :biglaugh:

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Beautiful work, and great craftmanship.

I have a question though if you don't mind me asking. What is the intake plenum made out of? It doesn't look like aluminum.

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey!
The intake plenum is made of fiberglass....It is only mounted for normal driving on roads......then when i will race in it i take it off and just sitting there with the pedal slammed in the metal and enjoying the sound :)
I will make another intake in aluminium or stainless when i have the engine running!
Latest update...it is mounted on the car...new pic will come soon!
Just need to fix the wirring then the car can be started again:)

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey all!
Now all the parts are mounted....and the engine is ready to be started!
Didnt have an pc with me today so i can first try to turn the key tomorrow!
Damm i am looking forward to hear it spinning :)!
Here is the latest pic off it all assembled and ready....just need to connect the fuellines....but thats easy to do :)!

Jens Pedersen

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey all!.
Now i got a better digicam so here are some new pics of my project!
I have started the engine with the 6 injectors at the "normal place"....and it sounded very beuatifull :)!
But my ecu went down short after....so it is in usa to be rebuild/fixed!
The car will be painted finish as soon as i have the engine running!
Enjoy.

Photo Hosting - PicTiger

Kind Regards Jens Pedersen

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
WOW great work real quick for a 7mgte, how hard is it to but itbs with a pletum?? for future refrences
what all would be needed or would it be worth the trottle respons?

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hmmm.....it is not a 7mgte engine!
It is a 5mge with 7mgte crank and rods!
Try to ask again...dont understand your question :)!

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
HOly poop on a stick. Very very nice work man. I'm really impressed by the amount of time and effort you've put into your car... Has Malloy seen this?