Home-built cars

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Anyone else interested in these? Lately I've become more and more interested in building my own car, as none of the cars out there seem to satisfy what I want in handling, acceleration, and looks.

a few I've been looking at are the Ultima GTRand the Factory Five GTM.

Granted, I probably won't buy one until I get a house with a garage, but it's always fun to dream :)

Anyone else found homebuilt/kit cars they want to build, post a link up, I'd love to read about it.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
i love the factory five cobra kit car.. me and my dad have been thinking about picking a kit up.. :D but he doesnt have enough time :(

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
throw a 2J in it LOL

I dunno, if it was all painted and stuff I'd go for it as I'm good at putting stuff together but I don't want to paint...

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
wow.. but it doesnt look like your going to survive if you loose control. its like a super go kart

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
thats why i like the Ultima. comes gelcoated from the factory, with body aligned, so no paint required.

most of these "production" kit cars are crash tested, or built around racecar roll cages, so you'd be fairly safe. the body would be hooped though

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
We built a Factory Five Cobra in my school. There's alot of mustang gutting involved. If you had a foxbody with good suspension/brake/steering/ and driveline components, but got bored with the mustang. I think it would be the perfect project. We went through 2 crap stangs just to get semi decent parts to build 1 Cobra.

It adds up and gets expensive. but definetly an eye catcher.

I'd love to win ours(Being auctioned off eventually) and put my 7M in it:evil2:

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Supposedly Year one is going to offer a 69 camaro kit with aluminum and fiberglass body panels etc but with optional C6 suspension and brakes and a 427 FI V8 setup, I think that'd be cool, all the beauty of the old 69 but light, handles well and has a lot of kick in the ass, I doubt I'd buy one but it'd be sweet.