Holy Restrictive Stock Exhaust!!!

Woody1989

Apr 17, 2008
Texas
benk777;1132856 said:
I snapped a few quick pics in the garage.

Ben

Looks good and I bet it sounds great. That's awesome that you found a 3" HKS system...they can be hard to find. How much did you pay for it?

I've never been a fan of the single tip exhaust on the MKIII and wish more manufacturers offered dual tip systems for the MKIII.

I had a 2.5" HKS exhaust system that I bought new back in 1990 and it had a relatively quiet and low tone. Almost twenty years later it was pretty well rusted out and in dire need of being replaced. My first choice was to go back with HKS, but had a hard time finding one at a decent price. So far the custom system has performed well and I've been very happy with it.

Brad

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
benk777;1132790 said:
I'll try to post a couple of pics tomorrow. I can't imagine you can get much quieter than this exhaust. This is a full cat-back system, but I'm running no cats. DDP to test to exhaust.

Ben

Looks great! Without the cat, does the exhaust smell bad?

Woody1989;1132821 said:
I wasn't able to find a 3" HKS exhaust with dual tips, so I had a system made to match up with my 3" DP. Cost about $650 complete and installed.

Which muffler is that?

Woody1989

Apr 17, 2008
Texas
Which muffler is that?

VibrantPerformance.com. Muffler is part #1043. 3" inlet and dual 3.5" Round Angle Cut Tips. Stainless Steel.

I also have the Vibrant #1142 Ultra Quiet SS Resonator. The system is all one piece design with SS V-Band flange assembly #1491 attached to the 3" downpipe.

The improvement over my old 2.5" HKS system was dramatic.