holset hx50 help

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
wat up! i have a holset hx50 and was thinkin on putting on my modded 7m (.040 over, forged, 1mm over head, a1000 fuel,....). i read in a past thread about people, i think mdc, putting hx35 with 9cm turbine housing on 7m's. the hx50 is much bigger with horribly big housing. i think the smallest they offer for hx50 is around 16cm. the only saving grace is the much bigger turbine wheel. if anyone has any experience with these or has any helpful input please let me know. i got this thing for free and i would like to put it to use, not to mention save money (im broke-ass). thanx for the help!!!

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
ahhhh man, nobody knows anything about these holset turbos??!! i guess i might have to spring for a precision gt40 series.

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
Call Jon @ MDC. he is one of the resident experts on holsets. Or do a search on holset, I believe he listed some info on the range as well as OE applications for a lot of them.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
bwest said:
Call Jon @ MDC. he is one of the resident experts on holsets. Or do a search on holset, I believe he listed some info on the range as well as OE applications for a lot of them.
thanks man. all i saw was the info on the hx35 but i will do another search.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
lol. ive been talkin to columbus diesel now for weeks, but haven't come up with anything. nobody seems to know enough about these holsets, frustrating. i got the hx50 with a 18cm twin scroll housing- waaay too big. jon, u mentioned knowing of a guy who put a 9cm hx35 on a hx50 and made big power. im still thinkin thats too small. i was thinkin goin with something around 12cm- 14cm. when it gets machined for the bigger hx50 wheel, it should make for a pretty quick spool and kickass top end. am i right? columbus diesel didnt think the housing would bolt up to center section of hx50 however. wat do u think? ur the only one who has given me straight answers soo far, lol.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
i want to use this thing bad- its like a 74mm or 76mm inducer, cant remember. i just cant come up with any straight answers. nobody has an hx35/40 housing laying around do they? my main concern is it wont bolt up. if it does, then im gravy! ill just get the right housing and get it machined. i dont want to buy a housing and be screwed because it wont work.