Hmm legit rebuild kit?

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
Last edited:

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
Well I could always call the guy see if he knows his stuff. He does have 100% feedback. How high should i go on the kit? $500? Oh another question my 7M is from a 88 and has a 6M crank will a 7M work just as well? It looks like the crank in the kit is a 7M crank. I could probably search and find the answer but asking you guys is easier.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Looks pretty good, only issue I see is some of the gaskets are junk (another paper EGR cooler gasket ARRRRRGGGGG), Dunno what I'd pay for it though since you'll still need to have work done on a block.

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
The kit sounds like junk to me...

For one it doesn't seem like he knows what he is talking about, for two you got to think how is he making money?
Hes selling this rebuild kit and its supposably all brand new? New toyota crank alone is about $700, new oil pump from toyota
is pretty expensive aswell around $200.

If this stuff was all toyota product and authentic he would end up losing $2,000+

Dont chance it man, nice things arent cheap, and cheap things arent nice.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
If you are just trying to get the car running to the stock power level for a dependable daily, it may be worth it but I wouldn't trust it past that. If your anything like the rest of us though, it won't stay that way for long:) Drop the $$$ for quality parts and be happy and confident in your motor when the horsepower bug bites! These motors a picky about everything anyway,and you will be that much further behind if these parts don't pan out to be good. Another point: has your machinist told you that you need .020 over pistons for sure yet? What about the bearings for the bottom end? Find out what you need, then order. Not the other way around.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I6Boost;1650289 said:
The kit sounds like junk to me...

For one it doesn't seem like he knows what he is talking about, for two you got to think how is he making money?
Hes selling this rebuild kit and its supposably all brand new? New toyota crank alone is about $700, new oil pump from toyota
is pretty expensive aswell around $200.

If this stuff was all toyota product and authentic he would end up losing $2,000+

Dont chance it man, nice things arent cheap, and cheap things arent nice.

Sounds like he was saving the parts up and got out of the game instead. It's also an auction, not a buy it now. It will go for quite a bit.

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
Poodles;1650591 said:
Sounds like he was saving the parts up and got out of the game instead. It's also an auction, not a buy it now. It will go for quite a bit.

I was thinking the same as poodles. I'm more worried about the parts used in the kit than the buyer knowing their stuff.