hks vpc wiring help

WyoMK3

Oct 2, 2012
Sonora, TX
I just picked up a vpc and I've been trying to figure out how to hard wire it. I found a lot referring to a grey wire for the AFM signal but my harness doesn't have a grey wire coming out. it has yellow white red black blue and brown. any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

WyoMK3

Oct 2, 2012
Sonora, TX
Sorry I should have been more clear last night it was a long day. the 9 pin connector coming out of the vpc has a grey wire. but the harness that plugs into it does not. do I just need to extend that grey wire so I can splice it into my ecu harness? or do I use the yellow wire?

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
If your pre89 I have a vpc fields harness that's no use to me.
Vpc wiring diagram for 89on
8abede7y.jpg

broken supra= pain expense an heartache

WyoMK3

Oct 2, 2012
Sonora, TX
I am pre 89. how much do you want for the harness? I have looked at the 87-88 hardwire on old schools supra. I just don't under stand why my vpc has a grey wire coming out but not going thru the connector. and have a yellow wire instead

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
WyoMK3;1988107 said:
I am pre 89. how much do you want for the harness? I have looked at the 87-88 hardwire on old schools supra. I just don't under stand why my vpc has a grey wire coming out but not going thru the connector. and have a yellow wire instead

$40 shipped for the fields harness
Can you post a picture of your vpc?

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
Ok. Can you post a picture of the wires at the control box end? As it's not clear what's what in your picture, looks like you have a whole bunch of hks wiring

WyoMK3

Oct 2, 2012
Sonora, TX
sure thos pics are of the pin connector. the first one is the unit side with all nine pins full the second one is harness side showing the grey wire not there. do you mean where it comes out of the vpc?

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
Ok you have all the wires on the vpc side of the connector? If so it's a case of cutting it off an hardwiring it then adding the required resistors

WyoMK3

Oct 2, 2012
Sonora, TX
ok thanks that's what I was thinking I just wanted some clarification since the plug on the other side was missing some wires. and the grey one is the AFM out to the ecm correct?

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
WyoMK3;1988133 said:
ok thanks that's what I was thinking I just wanted some clarification since the plug on the other side was missing some wires. and the grey one is the AFM out to the ecm correct?

Gray goes to the ecu. You need to fit all the resistors as well pre89 has 3 in total