hks vpc inquiry

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
hope im not repeating but i think im picking up a vpc and i have a few quick questions....

1. with the VPC installed can i delete the hose from the IACV to the accordian and just run a breather off of the valve itself?

2. with the VPC installed i can then vent my bov to atmosphere?

2.a. until i get a proper BOV can i just pull the one hose off the bosch valve and vent that way?

2.b. if so which hose would i not use?

hope im not re asking questions or sounding stupid.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jrot;1643095 said:
nobody? really? i know someone must be running a vpc and know the answers to this...

Really.

Your questions indicate you do not have a clear understanding of a mass-flow metered system vs. speed-density. Perhaps more learning is in order....that said, out comes the spoon:

jrot;1642560 said:
hope im not repeating but i think im picking up a vpc and i have a few quick questions....

1. with the VPC installed can i delete the hose from the IACV to the accordian and just run a breather off of the valve itself?

Yes.

jrot;1642560 said:

If you have a strong spring or pull-type BOV, yes.

jrot;1642560 said:
2.a. until i get a proper BOV can i just pull the one hose off the bosch valve and vent that way?

No. @ idle the stock valve is open, making a HUGE vac leak and sucking in all kinds of crap. Yes, in theory the VPC should make it possible to do so, but it is a dumb idea.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
jrot;1642560 said:

2.b. if so which hose would i not use?

hope im not re asking questions or sounding stupid.

1. yes
2. yes
2a. yes
2b. cap the side that goes to the accordion.

although drjones is right about the using your stock bov.

i can confirm this works cuz i did it on my last 7m

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
well i did understand just needed to be sure...i would rather make mistakes on the forum than my car....and my bov isnt stock but it kinda is...its the bosch audi/porsche.....i didnt think it was smart but though it might work till i get a aaqv or something after christmas....that all....and thank you for the meal is was very tasty...sorry for imposing.