HKS SSQV

Schiffer

Apr 26, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I just installed my brand new HKS SSQV. It came pre-welded to a hardpipe that I just bolted in. I also got the Recirculation fitting. After I ghetto-rigged a 1 in spa flex hose from the bov back to the intake, I went out for a test drive. Letting off during boost, even full boost(stock), it doesn't make any sound. I've read that this is supposed to be very loud, but I can't hear anything. I know that with the recirculation, it would quiet it a little, but I wouldn't expect nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
i second the vacuum hose.
funny thing, i was hooking up my bov when i put my engine back in and i decided to blow through the hose and i couldnt get any through it, so i sprayed some car cleaner in it and a big nasty ass glob came out the other end. i replaced to hose lol.

maybe its clogged.

~edit~

woo hooo 600th post :)

BRIAN

Supramania Contributor
Jan 7, 2006
socal
Mine is also very quiet after I put the fitting in, as a matter of fact its silent. When it was vented to the atmosphere it was loud ass hell but I don't mind the quietness though, as i'm not looking to impress anyone.

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
isnt stock boost 5-6 psi? with a recirc fitting, the stock air box and low boost it would be damn quiet. but yes check the vacume lines it cant hurt

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
thats what i thought i have a SSQV atm vent and it just shuttered a little at stock boost, no loud noise. start playing with boost it will get louder and you might even hear a little pop and watch you temp guage spike, that when the fun will really start:cry:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Ric said:
at 6psi, a ssqv recirc isn't going to make a peep. At 6psi, i don't even think the turbo will surge lol
If you run WOT, have a non-functional dash pot, and the vac line off the BOV. You can JUST BARELY hear it flutter... sometimes. ;)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
F_T_F said:
thats what i thought i have a SSQV atm vent and it just shuttered a little at stock boost, no loud noise. start playing with boost it will get louder and you might even hear a little pop and watch you temp guage spike, that when the fun will really start:cry:

boostinsupragirl has one in hers, still at stock boost makes quite a bit of noise while vented.

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
im not saying that you wont hear anything, your bound to here something its pressurized air escaping through a relitively small opening. try turning up the boot its a big difference.

Schiffer

Apr 26, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Ok guys, thanks for the replies. I feel really stupid now. The reason I couldn't hear it was because it was recirculated. Not to mention stock boost and stock airbox. When I undid my recirculation, I could hear it, and it wasn't that quiet, either...

StefanLarsson

Viking
Jun 26, 2006
Sweden
To vent or not to vent, that's the question...
If you vent it you'll go rich for a short while everytime it vents, your cat. won't like this in the long run...
The best thing to do if you want to vent your bov is to loose the AFM and run MAP instead (ie. MAFT-Pro)