hks is the devil

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
After finally speaking with someone a little higher on the chain, and reminding them of the 40-50k I spend a year on HKS, they backed off somewhat. They tel me NOW, that is more an issue with cracking down on hks knock offs, and that a blanket e-mail was sent to anyone with a hks word in a search engine.

I have 10 or 12 wholesale accounts I supply, that do still want to sell some hks, so for the time being, I will go back to selling hks. However, I will still use my own photo's, to avoid any BS in the future.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I cleaned up the beginnings of the flamewar folks. Please think about what you say.

Back on topic: HKS is actually hurting from the number of knock off products out there. It's hurting their business so they are trying to solve the problem.

However I think they are going about it wrong. The answer to lagging sales is not to piss off your distributors & vendors. They need to be a little more accurate in who they target. There are plenty of vendors who blatantly sell obvious knockoffs. They need to drag those people into court and put them out of business if they want to make progress.

My interpretation based on your statements Rich is that they are being lazy. It's the chimpanzee approach. Throw shit and see where it sticks. This is biting the hand that feeds you, it's unwise...