Hks intercooler

twism

Oct 29, 2007
lancaster
I BOUGHT A HKS INTERCOOLER FOR MY 7MGTE BUT I CAN NOT FIND A WAY TO BOLT IT ON ITS MADE FOR THE MK3 SUPRA...
CAN ANY ONE HELP
p1404118_1.jpg

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.

To the best of my knowledge because I have one of these on my car you have it upside down. The 180 side of the intercooler goes down.

There are threaded holes on the intercooler you will need to make brackets for.

Search around for a bit there's pictures on here of the full hks kit mounted that will give you an idea of how things are suposed to work.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It is true you have it upsidedown but I did manage to install it this way on my old setup by re-routing the IC piping and found it performed far better upside down due to more of it being in the path of the air rather than behind the bumper.

I had to custom fabricate the brakets myself but seem to remember that it bolted to the bottom of the cross member at a slight angle. It fit well this way with my oil cooler beside it.

I'll see if I can dig you up a pic. I was running a large turbonetics with this setup so I cannot help you with stock IC piping.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
what you need to do is mount the inter cooler and route the piping from there. you might need to get some new piping. stock ic is in and out on the same side this ic is in on one side and out on the other so you need to do some mods to make it fit. its not just going to be o i just bought a hks inter cooler and it will fit, wrong you need to modify your ic piping for it to fit.

p.s. in your pic you need to flip your ic and mount it. the 90* outlet needs to be pointing towards the ground.

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
gaboonviper85;1405007 said:
I think he is missing English class...
:rofl:

Here's the piping that came with my kit:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I got brackets with mine???
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I can get install pics and possibly the instructions tomorrow.