hks fcon rom

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
i got a fcon out of a 87 supra with a rom chip that said d105v is that the same as the e105v i cant even see it on hks website thank you for any help

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
With the chip d105v you need to have the matching "D" pressure sensor. I am not sure how to tell the difference between the two sensors. They are both chips for F-con use with VPC, just the pressure sensor. I have a f-con with the older d105v chip, i just hope you have the sensor that came with the unit.

Hope this helps.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Wow, that is an old F-con..........

Anyway, all the F-cons used the same pressure sensor,
p/n 949940-0730.
I have heard that the VPC sensor, p/n 949940-6110 will work,
but have not tried it.

Say, if you want a newer 'E' series F-con, with roms (both 440 & 550),
but no harness, I have one.
You can still use the harness that came with the 'D' series.

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
SupraDrew;1075661 said:
With the chip d105v you need to have the matching "D" pressure sensor. I am not sure how to tell the difference between the two sensors. They are both chips for F-con use with VPC, just the pressure sensor. I have a f-con with the older d105v chip, i just hope you have the sensor that came with the unit.

Hope this helps.

The "d" which you are reffering to is a special sign for the chip type (it`s an EPROM).

So the thread starter is using an E105V chip.

As stated above F-Con and VPC are using the same pressure sensor, no differences in here.

SupraDrew

Apr 27, 2007
South Texas
gofastgeorge;1076655 said:
Wow, that is an old F-con..........

Anyway, all the F-cons used the same pressure sensor,
p/n 949940-0730.
I have heard that the VPC sensor, p/n 949940-6110 will work,
but have not tried it.

Say, if you want a newer 'E' series F-con, with roms (both 440 & 550),
but no harness, I have one.
You can still use the harness that came with the 'D' series.

This is reallly good information. I look at the sensor that came with my f-con and it looks to match that part number. So what i was told about the senor and the rom is not correct. You should be able to use the D105V chip. I am about to install this f-con and i will see how it runs. I have been VPC/GCC for many years. Thanks for the information, do you have the HKS paper work for the F-con? I found some on the net but they are the best scan.

Attachments

• fcon sensor.JPG
    fcon sensor.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 27
  • fcon chip.JPG
    fcon chip.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 32

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
yeah but when you hook the hks vpc and the fcon together do you need to use both sensor
or are they going to share the same sensor

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
ma70t;1095025 said:
yeah but when you hook the hks vpc and the fcon together do you need to use both sensor
or are they going to share the same sensor

Originally you have to use both sensors because F-Con and VPC could be used "alone" - so they both need a pressure sensor.

If you use them together you can solder the pressure harnesses together and save one pressure sensor, worked perfect for me.